Author Topic: Recommended Tradesmen in the 3 Towns area  (Read 89366 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Recommended Tradesmen in the 3 Towns area
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2017, 11:06:03 am »
We have developed problems with the door handles on both our patio door and black door.

Can someone please recommend a tradesman who can come and carry out repairs without being more interested in selling us new double glazing?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2017, 09:25:24 pm »
We have developed problems with the door handles on both our patio door and black door.

Can someone please recommend a tradesman who can come and carry out repairs without being more interested in selling us new double glazing?

I would certainly try Matt Richardson on the above list.  As endorsed by SDQ.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2017, 09:39:53 pm »
Wayne mylcreest 07413552871. Would recommend him very reliable lad .

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2017, 10:05:38 pm »
Thanks lads.

Meleri sent me an email earlier with a mobile phone number and the individual is calling round in the morning.

Nevertheless, it is good to know there are a couple of others to contact in the event of an unsuccessful visit tomorrow.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 09:17:45 pm »
Anyone had any fitted bedroom wardrobes done?
Or indeed, a new bedroom designed and fitted?

I could do with someone talented and reliable, cost is less of a priority.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2017, 10:41:03 am »
I used Conels kitchen and bedrooms, https://www.conels.co.uk/ family business, and highly recommend them.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2017, 11:50:00 am »
I used Conels kitchen and bedrooms, https://www.conels.co.uk/ family business, and highly recommend them.

Nice one Steve, I'll take a peek.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2017, 12:38:26 pm »

As a further recommendation, two years after the kitchen was fitted, we had a small problem with two of the kitchen cabinet doors, I was going to repair them myself, just a bit of glue, but I phoned Darus first for advice, he came round, phoned the supplier, and arranged to replace every door, all eighteen of them, now that's what I call after sales service.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2017, 04:57:06 pm »

As a further recommendation, two years after the kitchen was fitted, we had a small problem with two of the kitchen cabinet doors, I was going to repair them myself, just a bit of glue, but I phoned Darus first for advice, he came round, phoned the supplier, and arranged to replace every door, all eighteen of them, now that's what I call after sales service.

I'll definitely visit their showroom in the next couple of weeks.
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2017, 12:57:09 pm »
I am pleased to report Paul Hayward has managed to replace my door handles (front and back) at a very reasonable cost.

Thank you to Meleri.

Should any forum member require any work doing on doors and windows then I have no hesitation in recommending Paul, who worked for Conwy Valley Windows for 25 years.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2017, 01:19:03 pm »
Your welcome Bri, it's always good to support young local tradesmen, rather than the bigger companies who are profit driven  ;D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:12 pm »
Added to the main list. Thanks, Meleri
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 02:08:22 pm »
May I ask if anyone has any recent experience of a GOOD plumbing and heating engineer.
Please don't reply with 'British Gas' as I'm not able use them at this point, because I don't have the monthly plan.

Since the great Brian Thomas gave up dealing with gas, it has been nigh on impossible to get a reliable or even basically competent firm (or individual)  to service my boiler and fix some issues with my underfloor heating flow temperature.

The first local firm made the boiler problem worse whilst servicing it.
The 2nd guy basically told me to sod off as he was too busy to take on any work.
The 3rd company misdiagnosed the problem, lied about what parts needed replacing, and never turned up for the next appointment in any case.
The guy who came today left a gas leak when he left, as he never even checked the meter before he left... which is an absolute BASIC requirement of any gas work.  That's now fixed, but I can't rely on him to complete the job.

The cold weather is fast approaching, it wasn't a priority before, but now is quickly becoming one.

Fester...

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 06:49:52 pm »
Fester, we are new to the area but had need of a plumber to do an inspection of the central heating and address a few minor issues in the rental place we are in. Fellow's name is Mark, he is in my phone as Mark the plumber - I don't know his surname or company name. I would recommend him, courteous, knowledgeable and reliable. Phone 0783 6617522

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49:01 pm »
Fester, we are new to the area but had need of a plumber to do an inspection of the central heating and address a few minor issues in the rental place we are in. Fellow's name is Mark, he is in my phone as Mark the plumber - I don't know his surname or company name. I would recommend him, courteous, knowledgeable and reliable. Phone 0783 6617522

Thanks Mondie,  is he Gas Safe?   Half of the ones I see have a sticker on the van saying 'Gas Safe', but when you check the register, their name is NOT there!
Fester...