Members' Lounge > Music, TV, Radio & The Arts

What are you reading?

(1/22) > >>

DaveR:
Mention the book you're currently reading.....

<:<:<:<

DaveR:
I'm currently reading 'The Lasting Honour' by Oliver Lindsay, which is an account of the Fall of Hong Kong in 1941. Very interesting. As The Telegraph review put it: "....does full justice to those who fought to the end to stave off inevitable defeat"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lasting-Honour-Fall-Hong-Kong/dp/0722155425/

Nemesis:
A very old Spiller's Dog Book.
( One forgets the finer details of puppy rearing after nearly 13 years !)

TheMedz:
My last two books were. "Start the Car" by David Lloyd, Cricket commentator.( I've been a Lancashire (sorry Fester!) cricket club member for as long as I can remember). "My Sh*te Life So Far" by Frankie Boyle - very similar in style to his live act and equally as rude and non pc. Currently "Journey" by Tony Blair - very slow going but one of those books I felt I should read to try and understand how he got where he was and why he made some of the decisions he did.

Fester:

--- Quote from: TheMedz on November 28, 2010, 09:51:26 pm ---My last two books were. "Start the Car" by David Lloyd, Cricket commentator.( I've been a Lancashire (sorry Fester!) cricket club member for as long as I can remember). "My Sh*te Life So Far" by Frankie Boyle - very similar in style to his live act and equally as rude and non pc. Currently "Journey" by Tony Blair - very slow going but one of those books I felt I should read to try and understand how he got where he was and why he made some of the decisions he did.

--- End quote ---

Does it give any insight as to WHY Mr Blair converted to Catholicism?   I've always wondered about that.

As for me, I think I have read 2 books in the last 29 years, I have no attention span whatsoever, and I would much rather watch anything of interest on the TV instead.  This isn't a thread for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version