Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 62883 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Bargains
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 04:19:23 pm »
Hia Bri unfortunately you can't even give VHS away, I had shed loads here from the when the kids were growing up and not even the charity shop would accept them.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »
They are plastic, perhaps we can put them out for recycling  WWW   No doubt they will be the wrong kind of plastic!  :rage:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:18 pm »
Well done, you have already had 13 bids and your auction doesn't end until tomorrow.

My missus is outside clearing out the garage and has found a large supply of used VHS tapes.

Is there still a market for them?

Swedish Erotica are collectors items Bri.  8)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »
 _))*

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 09:31:00 pm »
Well done, you have already had 13 bids and your auction doesn't end until tomorrow.

My missus is outside clearing out the garage and has found a large supply of used VHS tapes.

Is there still a market for them?

If the VHS tapes are pre-recorded Hope Hose in Lloyd St still sells them 20p each or 8 for a pound.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »
Thanks Nemesis.

Swedish Erotica are collectors items Bri.  8)

Trojan, do they specifically have to be Swedish?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:00 pm »
Thanks Nemesis.

Swedish Erotica are collectors items Bri.  8)

Trojan, do they specifically have to be Swedish?

Errr...no. Liddell Park Erotica is just as good.

Are you getting rid of your cam-corder too?  $smack$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am »
Not yet but my misus has also come across a very old SIX-20 Brownie Junior camera with case as well as a Brownie 127.

Are they valuable?

P.S. - Merddin's cup is now up to £97.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 09:44:36 am »
Not yet but my misus has also come across a very old SIX-20 Brownie Junior camera with case as well as a Brownie 127.

Are they valuable?

P.S. - Merddin's cup is now up to £97.
http://www.toffsandtinks.com/shop/kodak-six-20-brownie-junior-super-box-camera/prod_112.html

Offline hollins

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 06:41:48 pm »
I first became aware of ebay in 2000 before ebay.co.uk and when it was more like a small club. How times have changed!
It remains a useful way to find things that would have been almost impossible before.
We have recently redecorated a 1960’s house and made a conscious effort to retain as many of its original features as possible. It has been fun finding things to match the originals like one brass door handle that we found an exact replica of on ebay.
Yesterday I drove to Shrewsbury and back to pick up some 1960’s Italian tiles. £14.99 for 130 and what fun I have had washing and sorting them. Even with the cost of the fuel for the car they were a real bargain.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 09:53:41 am »
I first became aware of ebay in 2000 before ebay.co.uk and when it was more like a small club. How times have changed!
It remains a useful way to find things that would have been almost impossible before.
We have recently redecorated a 1960’s house and made a conscious effort to retain as many of its original features as possible. It has been fun finding things to match the originals like one brass door handle that we found an exact replica of on ebay.
Yesterday I drove to Shrewsbury and back to pick up some 1960’s Italian tiles. £14.99 for 130 and what fun I have had washing and sorting them. Even with the cost of the fuel for the car they were a real bargain.

$good$ we like the old retro stuff too! We have a 1971 bungalow with it's original pink bathroom, we were going to update it but
1  it all works perfectly and is in sound, clean condition.
2  the pinkness has grown on us  :laugh:
3  the quality of modern stuff is probably not as good!
4  I'm far too tight to spend money on it!  ;D

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:43 am »
this week at the Rhyl bootsale I found a tPanasonic Car radio and CD player which was mine for £2 (he wanted £2.50 the robber!  ;D) I wondered if it would work, buI when I tested it it worked perfectly!

Last week I found two leaded light windows, a matching pair, (one with some damage) for a fiver, the lead must be worth more than that!, I'm still trying to think where to use them!  They look like they are from a front door.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 10:59:39 am »
Nice find!  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

Last week I found two leaded light windows, a matching pair, (one with some damage) for a fiver, the lead must be worth more than that!, I'm still trying to think where to use them!  They look like they are from a front door.

They would look good on the car!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 12:14:44 pm »
They would look good on the car!    _))*

A bit on the heavy side! L0L