Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 60879 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Bargains
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:56 pm »
Aah no way........I wonder if the same offer will be on in 20yrs time. I love a saving  WWW  ;)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

brumbob

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 05:54:15 pm »
35  L0L

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 05:54:33 pm »
I used it to go down to Cardiff and was really hoping the guard would ask me to prove I was over 55 but alas no.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 06:23:52 pm »
35  L0L
Yeah ok I might have fibbed a bit.  15 yrs then. :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 06:40:52 pm »
Arriva Trains Wales have currently got an offer on until 9th of April which allows anyone over 55 to travel return to/from anywhere in Wales for £15.http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/club55/

still seems dear to me, when there are two of you travelling and my other half is under 55 how much will that cost? I'll stick with the car ^*^0
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 07:09:01 pm »
Same situation here. It cost me £15 and my wife 2 advanced singles @ £23 each. £61 in total for a return trip for 2 to Cardiff. By the time you've paid for a couple of days parking I think the train would work out slightly cheaper. By the way ETAP hotels in City Centre Cardiff (also in Manchester and others) are £18 per room per night for a double or triple room if you book 20 days in advance. £100 for getting there and 2 nights in a hotel seemed fairly reasonable. It was my first time in Cardiff and I can heartily recommend it. Bumped into Rolf Harris in the National Gallery. Some might however see that as too high a price to pay for a couple of nights away!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 09:16:58 am »
Get your stamps now.....

Beat 12% stamp rise. On 4 April, 1st-class stamps jump 5p to 46p and 2nd-class 4p to 36p. Stock up on any labelled 1st or 2nd now and they'll stay valid. Plus Superdrug has 5% off 1st-class.

from     http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/superdrug-stamps

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:10 am »
Interesting.  Thank for that, Mer.  Usefu to know.   

$hands$
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:22 am »
No Problem, I can't quite believe just how expensive first class stamps are now  :o

Yorkie

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 04:42:21 pm »
Great Sale with Genuine 50% OFF retail prices until Monday next (21/03) at

Julian GRAVES
in Victoria Centre

Just returned with loads of nibbles, nuts, dried fruit, spices and other stuff!   Yummy, yummy!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 02:27:48 pm »
I've done well with bargains at car boot sales recently, just over a week ago r found a gasless mig welder for £15 at the Rhyl bootsale and it worked perfectly, I had a couple of small repairs to be welded on the front of our Micra crossmember and it did a great job, on Ebay these welders sell for around £70 (I'll hang on to it though)

Last Saturday we went to the classic car show at Tatton park and in the autojumble someone had a table of bric a brac and he said 'anything is one pound'. Most of it was junk but one item was treasure! a boxed Spode hand painted cup made in 1982 one of 500 a real limited edition, it's great quality and I'm hanging on to it for now, here's a link to  one on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230629653735&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and a couple of pics, just a matter of luck finding this stuff  D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 02:33:10 pm »
Someone sold that for a quid?! Amazing...  :o

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 03:08:48 pm »
Someone sold that for a quid?! Amazing...  :o

yes :o  I'd got my hands on it and some other bloke tried to buy it, no way that was happening!  WWW

I still can't see how anyone could look at an object of such quality and value it at one pound!  When this happens you just pay and disappear quickly in case they realise what they've done!  ;D

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 03:23:54 pm »
Well done, you have already had 13 bids and your auction doesn't end until tomorrow.

My missus is outside clearing out the garage and has found a large supply of used VHS tapes.

Is there still a market for them?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »
Well done, you have already had 13 bids and your auction doesn't end until tomorrow.

My missus is outside clearing out the garage and has found a large supply of used VHS tapes.

Is there still a market for them?

Not really, although I still have a vhs recorder, handy for if the digital recorder plays up like the last one did  :rage:

It's not my cup on Ebay but someone else with a similar one, I intended putting it on ebay, trouble is I like it, perhaps it will increase in value! who knows?  :laugh: