Author Topic: Public Meeting - Restore Our Beach - Tuesday 20th May 2014 at 7pm  (Read 5227 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
RESTORE OUR BEACH

PUBLIC MEETING

on Tuesday 20th May 2014 at 7pm
At Venue Cymru, Llandudno

Open to everyone

We are pleased to announce that Conwy County Borough Council have agreed to hold a public meeting to discuss the North Shore beach debacle.

This is the chance for everyone to tell CCBC exactly what they think about the destruction of Llandudno's beautiful beaches.

Senior County Council representatives who are responsible for the work on Llandudno shore, will be taking questions from the public and giving explanations as to why they think the rocks on the beach are the best answer for Llandudno.

As you would expect, an incredible amount of work has taken place in arranging this meeting for the people of the town. We look forward to your continuing support and we're sure that you will take this opportunity to voice your concerns to the people who make the decisions.

IT'S TIME TO HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD

Please tell everyone and get as many people as we possible can to the meeting. Let us show the County Council that we will be heard

Meeting starts 7pm

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Public Meeting - Restore Our Beach - Tuesday 20th May 2014 at 7pm
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »
Whilst walking along the prom today, I noticed that the sea defences had been recently reconfigured so that the new stones are now a lot lower than the Prom level, exposing the steps that were previously covered up. Was this always the plan, or is this a CCBC strategy to appease residents ahead of the public meeting?

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:58:17 am »
Having been on the Prom Saturday morning for the Classic Car event I was approached by three different people complaining about the beach - they seems to think I was from the Council as I had a marshal's tabard on! - all three said they were visitors but would never bring their families back again.

No doubt there are many more with the same view, so the Council need to take note.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 10:51:28 pm »
Please be polite if you decide to attend the meeting at Venue Cymru on the 20th of May and do not lose your temper with any of the Vandals who are responsible for the destruction of the Beach. That will only give the Council Officials the excuse to walk out and not answer any questions, just like they did the first time we had a meeting with them about putting the stones on the beach in the first place.  $thanx$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »
What I can't understand is why there wasn't a public meeting before the put any stones on the beach.   It's such an important feature for the town that surely even the Councillors would have realised the implications it would have.
Will this meeting make any difference?    I somehow doubt it as they haven't got the guts to admit their mistake.
They ruined the West Shore beach and now they have ruined the North Shore beach so at least these incompetents are consistent with their failings.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »
by all accounts only mike priestley new about the rocks ,dewi miles stated in a meeting i attended in the town hall councilors didn,t know about it  _))*  now they are in the procces of building a slipway for the yatch club [who is paying for that] guess what therocks they dumped there they are moving them in a big dumper to dump more by the bandstand ,oh yes remember when you could stand under there  :rage: .

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 08:43:38 pm »
It's the County Councillor's who make all the decisions about what happens to Llandudno, so you end up with representatives from Abergele, Betws and Hendry deciding what's good for us. Bless them because sometimes they get it completely wrong.  $angry$  $walesflag$  &shake& 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 10:39:10 pm »
Norman,  I don't care what Dewi Miles has said as I don't believe him.    Because of local planning matters I had the names of every Councillor on the Planning Committee in my address book and a number of them were from Llandudno so it is inconceivable that only Mike Priestley knew about the application.
It's just waffle to appease the people that attended the meeting.    Whatever next, they'll be saying that they don't know that the Pier Pavilion burnt down!

By the way I remember when you could stand under the bandstand, the good old days.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 09:27:45 am »
Poster for the Meeting:

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 07:03:37 pm »
Hugo, from what I can recall planning permission for the sea defence work was given in 1997 and the stuff was brought in by barge.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:39:38 am »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 01:38:36 pm »
Of course there were rocks on the beach many years ago!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 09:14:01 pm »
not far unlike the yacht club at the weekends at the present time, appears only the  yachts have changed