Author Topic: IMS Classic Car Rally - April 26th  (Read 2144 times)

Offline DVT

• Management board member
IMS Classic Car Rally - April 26th
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:49:09 pm »
For those of you who like looking at Classic Cars come along to Llandudno Prom on the morning of 26th April ... first car due 0950, and will leave at 1030.  This is non-competitive, a tour, and after a tea break at the St George they will be going round the Marine Drive.  Later in the day they will be in Betws-y-Coed.

More info on ... http://www.msaclassics.co.uk/springclassic ... including the list of 100 entries.

North Wales Car Club personnel will be marshalling on the Prom - come and say hello!

Offline Nemesis

Re: IMS Classic Car Rally - April 26th
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:18:36 am »
Thanks for this-- I'm sure we shall be there ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »
Lovely morning-- ideal for the cars on display.

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »
You must be sick of tourists
Justice for the 96

Offline DVT

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:27:12 am »
Lovely morning on the Prom - weatherman got it completely wrong!

When we were setting up a lot of people asked what was going and, when told, were totally supportive and were looking forward to seeing the cars.  One couple were going to delay their journey home so that they could see the cars first.

We, the marshalling team, did get a number of complaints though - visitors complaining about the state of the beach (or rather the lack of it).  One gentleman was particularly derogatory of whoever was responsible and vowed never to bring his family to Llandudno again.  I'm sure he's not the only one with that thought in mind.

Nemesis - you didn't make yourself known to me!  I was the marshal with the "Chief Official" tabard!!!  Lovely photos!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:28:00 am »
Shame-- we were watching you working hard-- would have come up if we had known who you were. We were sitting on a seat, ( rather damp) with a small white dog watching everything arriving. My OH reckond that the Aston could have been worth a million plus !

The advantage of the stones appeared to be that people could weight down their drip mats against the wind !!