Author Topic: Penrhynside, Books by Kenneth Dibbles  (Read 15349 times)

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: Penrhynside, Books by Kenneth Dibbles
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 11:16:52 am »
Hi Selina, There are earlier Trade Directories held at Llandudno Library which will contain the information , maybe a kind forum member will do a lookup for you !

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »
There is a Street Index in the Archives that must be very early 60's or late 50's but the only entry I could see was the " Little Orme Cafe"  prop.    L Durden  and the business was a Cafe and Grocers.

In the 1939 Street Index there was no "Little Orme "  business but a partnership of Billington and Brown traded as Grocers at the Premier Stores which appeared to be in the area as Little Orme Stores and  could possibly be the same address

Offline Hugo

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2021, 02:42:20 pm »
I received a very interesting article from Mull recently ( see photo )  and it was to commemorate the first Penrhynside reunion on 27th March 1992.   It was a fscinating insight into the life and times of people in the village.

Mull would like to ask on the 3 Towns Forum if anyone knows, has there been another Penrhynside reunion and is there are any records of them. Do yo know of anyone on the forum who would know. It would be nice to find out if Nerys is still at Fferm.

I don't know the answer to either  question but perhaps someone on the forum may know and is so Mull would be pleased to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2021, 08:51:30 pm »
Hugo, my contact informs me to the best of his knowledge there has not been another reunion.

Also, he does not know Nerys but today it is Gaz Howertson who is living at Fferm.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2021, 11:20:12 pm »
Thanks very much Bri,  Mull will see when he looks at the forum next and will appreciate that info

Offline mull

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2021, 09:22:53 am »
Thank you for putting it on the forum. Got a problem scanning at present so could not put it on myself.

Found the document among my fathers papers. Nerys (maiden name Hughes )had contacted my father who had let her have some photos.
Nerys lived next door to Tan Y Wal as a child and was a year or two older than me. In 1951 when my mother was in hospital in Liverpool I stayed with my nain at Tan y Wal for a while and remember attending Bodafon school for a few weeks. Enjoyed catching the tram to go to school.
My Uncle Dick ( Postman ) must have had Fferm on his round, as he got me my first sheep dog from there in 1950.

Thanks again for the information.

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2021, 05:04:22 pm »
I remember a Nerys living both in Penrhynside and Fferm  off Queens Road if it is the same Nerys she had a brother Vaughan he livid abroad cant remember where , but I think both Nerys and her husband have died in the last 5 yrs . or so .

Offline mull

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2021, 09:33:49 am »
Thank you for that information Robbie.

I can remember Nerys had a brother Vaughan.