Author Topic: Penrhynside, Books by Kenneth Dibbles  (Read 15357 times)

Offline jom

Re: Penrhynside, Books by Kenneth Dibbles
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 03:29:28 am »
Saron Villas as promised ;D

Online mull

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 12:28:08 pm »
Thanks for that JOM.
Springfield was attached to Tan y Wal and I would be interested in seeing the whole piece. When I was a child a Mr /Mrs Hughes lived there with daughter Neris and son ,unable to remember his name. I believe Neris lived at Fferm, towards Llanrhos in the 1970/80s.
Could you please send a copy of page 50.
Once again thanks very much.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 02:42:36 pm »
I was in the Archives in Llandudno yesterday but couldn't find Kenneth Dibble's book on Penrhynside although the other books on the Little Orme, Bodafon and Nant Y Gamma  were there.
It might have been misplaced but I didn't ask as I knew that Jom was kindly supplying info via the forum

Offline jom

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 09:16:12 pm »
 ;D As requested.  Haven't had a chance to check if it has the info you want I'm afraid.  On my way to work!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »
Hugh Hughes , Cobbler/shoe repairer lived at Tan Y Wal.
Think there is an Anglesey connection somewhere.
Grace Ellen Jones lived there in late 1940s/1950s.

Ivor Shields, lived in Mount Pleasant 1950s.

Any information on these please.

Mull,  I was reading Chris Draper's book on Walks From Llandudno and in walk 3 Penrhynside he had this to say.:-
"Tan y Wal is another cottage with 18th century origins.  At one time this was home to Huw Hughes, the vilage cobbler. He was notorious for his habit of chewing tobacco, and waiting customers had to be alert so as to avoid the soggy projectiles of ejected tobacco"

Online mull

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 11:16:08 am »
Remember that now, making me smile.
Deadly accurate , never missed the stove in the workshop or fire in the house.

Offline acati

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »
Thank you so much Jom!  $thanx$ It's provided a wealth of information that I wouldn't otherwise be able to find out now that the Penrhynside lot have gone so it really means a lot to me.  ;) Could I be cheeky and ask for the pages on Pleasant View?  :D

Offline jom

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 12:58:50 am »
Here goes!

Offline STSO

Re: Old Postcards - Penrhyn Bay
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 06:18:49 pm »
Hi,

I’m currently trying to help a friend track down a family she used to know from her childhood in Penrhyn Bay and I was wondering whether anyone here might be able to help me. She doesn’t remember many facts apart from the fact that they owned/used to run a grocery on what is now the main roundabout in Penrhyn Bay, (in the late 1950s/1960s and perhaps into the 1970s). I was hoping that someone might be able to give me information about the family or the grocery. From chatting to people from the area I believe that the grocery may have been called ‘Little Orme Stores’ at one point. Some of the names that have cropped up in relation to the grocery have been Dougie Thomas, Ben Hughes and Ralph Jones. Absolutely any more info about those people or other families who may have owned the grocery during that time would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Selina

Offline STSO

Grocery in Penrhyn Bay
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 11:13:54 am »
Hi there,

I’m currently trying to help a friend track down a family she used to know from her childhood in Penrhyn Bay and I was wondering whether anyone here might be able to help me.

She doesn’t remember many facts apart from the fact that they owned/used to run a grocery on what is now the main roundabout in Penrhyn Bay, (in the late 1950s/1960s and perhaps into the 1970s).

I was hoping that someone might be able to give me information about the family or the grocery. From chatting to people from the area I believe that the grocery may have been called ‘Little Orme Stores’ at one point.

Some of the names that have cropped up in relation to the grocery have been Dougie Thomas, Ben Hughes and Ralph Jones.

Absolutely any more info about those people or other families who may have owned the grocery during that time would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Selina

Offline STSO

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 03:11:55 pm »
Hi there,

I've been looking around the forum and asking quite a few people this but I was hoping that you might be able to help me on this thread.

I’m trying to help a friend track down a family she used to know from her childhood in Penrhyn Bay. She doesn’t remember many facts apart from the fact that they owned/used to run a grocery on what is now the main roundabout in Penrhyn Bay, (in the late 1950s/1960s and perhaps into the 1970s). I was hoping that someone might be able to give me information about the family or the grocery. From chatting to people from the area I believe that the grocery may have been called ‘Little Orme Stores’ at one point. Some of the names that have cropped up in relation to the grocery have been Dougie Thomas, Ben Hughes and Ralph Jones.

I haven't been able to get a copy of the Penrhynside book by Kenneth Dibbles as I live quite far away but I thought that it might have some clues as to that area of Llandudno Road/Glan-Y-Mor Road and the shop there.

Absolutely any more info about people I mentioned above or other families who may have owned the grocery during that time would be hugely appreciated! Thank you so much!

Selina  :)   

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 03:50:13 pm »
Selina:

It's not necessary to post all over the forum. Regular users will see all unread posts when they log in.

Thanks.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »
Hi there. In 1969 the Proprietor of the Little Orme Stores was Ralph L Jones, his home  address is 3 Llandudno Road

Offline STSO

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 04:18:06 pm »
Apologies Ian - I wasn't sure how the forum worked and whether I needed to reply specifically to each post which might be relevant! Thanks for your help though!

Offline STSO

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 04:21:10 pm »
Hi there. In 1969 the Proprietor of the Little Orme Stores was Ralph L Jones, his home  address is 3 Llandudno Road

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much for your help - I really appreciate it! Do you by any chance know who may have been the proprietor before that at all or is there a way you might recommend to try and find that out?

Thanks again :)

Selina