Author Topic: Margaret Anne Pearl Hughes  (Read 38872 times)

Offline karenjadejoy

Re: Margaret Anne Pearl Hughes
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 05:41:02 pm »
Hi,
just read though the thread you mentioned,  interesting ad speculative thoughts rise even more!!
this one you posted include pyllau farm near to where, Jom's thread indicates possible owens residences  - Llwyn Helig

so it is possible that anne owen  married to robert hughes (parents of ishmael hughes - whom worked at Tyn Y Coed farm 1881 census) is linked in somehow to Joms or other owen families in that area. and the photo that i have at pyllau farm, (which i have tried attatching to this post, of at least two owen ladies and another outside .  interesting and i shall follow the posts of joms.

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2078.15.html
im just making a note of the links here  to get back to.  because it will  bear looking into. when iv'e got a few hours to be able to do so.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 11:11:17 pm »
The white building on the right is Pyllau Farm.

Offline jom

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 04:47:19 am »
Hello all,

As yet I know of no connection with my Owen gang to John OWEN of Avalon, Abbey Road.  (He was born about 1858) I am trying to take that John back to see his parentage as I keep running across him.  I have discovered he had a brother William Born about 1853 and sister Ellen born abut 1847 - 1851 Can't make her age out properly on the 1881 Census return Either 30 or 36. 

I haven't found them with any certainty prior to this.  John married Margaret in about 1886.  Haven't checked her maiden name as yet and they had at least 8 children 6 of whom were surviving in 1911.
These being

Gwladys, Morfudd, Buddug, Thomas John, Edward Goronwy, Dilys and Dwynwen

Offline jom

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 05:07:16 am »
Just found John OWEN of Avalon.  Seems he is the son of Edward OWEN and Margaret ELLIS.  I believe he was well know in Llandudno for good works.  He is NOT a know relative of my Owen clan from what I have seen

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »
hi Jom
cheers,  well we seem to know whom this john owens is, now. (the executor of ishmael hughes will).

Just found John OWEN of Avalon.  Seems he is the son of Edward OWEN and Margaret ELLIS.  I believe he was well know in Llandudno for good works.  He is NOT a know relative of my Owen clan from what I have seen

I also do not know as yet if he has any connection to my anne owen that married robert hughes 
thanks to Hugo,   their abode baron hill from some photos i shared and that he pay post  was  in St beunos road.
so im guessing i can check census records out for them at that address.   and see if i can get any links to other family members. (owen or Hughes)!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »
Karen sent me these photos of her Ancestors and their home which is in St Beuno's Road.    Pyllau Farm is just above this street and Tyn Y Coed Farm where Ishmael once worked was just below Baron Hill.
There is a strong link of her family to the Great Orme

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 06:15:08 pm »
thanks Hugo for posting those,

the second one down has just fallen into place, looking at it.  after having a tour on google street maps  hahaha,
didnt notice it last night but now i see.   im just off to see if i can find any online census for them.  right now,

let you know what i find. 

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 10:50:46 pm »
update;

well i have managed to get the census recs of robert hughes and anne (owens)-hughes.
twould apear ann owens was born in Llandudno and so were a few of her children. more than i had known about!!!
Richard  1863 Llandudno
Ishmael 1867 bolton lancashire (manchester)
edward
margaret E  hughes  1873  Liverpool Lancashire
Mary anne 1877 Llandudno
elizabeth jane/A  hughes  1879 Llandudno
Robert 1881 Llandudno
william  1887 Llandudno
robert was born in Llangefni  in anglesey

so in 1863  they were in Llandudno and had a child headed to the northwest probably for work as robert was a journeyman stonemason  (and so were his sons mostly) for a while then returned to Llandudno

in 1881
they lived at pen y Buarth

1891 census they are at Baron hill st beunos   
 robert hughes and family lives next door to a William Owen  also a stonemason from amlwch angelsey whom is widowed with children all born in Llandudno no idea if any relation to anne as not looked her up as yet)
1901  roberts family  still at baron hill. there is an older lady now,  margaret owen 83yrs  on census next door  living alone again no establishment of any relationship as yet,  could just be neighbours.

well i havnt managed to get back further than the 1881 census with them at the moment or births marriages or deaths.  but i am feel so grateful to all you here because i have tried to find the links on the hughes side for a long time  and it feels like another bit of jigsaw is falling into place. so if there were more hours to do this i would be smiling even more  but......   for now  definitley a Llandudno connection   lol  stemming over a century with the varying family branches    onwards   $thanx$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 11:19:36 pm »
Karen,  When was Ishmael's father Richard born?      It would help to know the year as I'm hoping to go to the Library next week and it would make it easier to trace.

I've posted the photos of  Isabella Walton and Jessie Southworth in the hope that someone on the forum will be able to recognise where the photos were taken

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 01:34:21 am »
Ishmaels father robert  was born c 1936 (according to the census recs)  in Llangefni  Anglesey
ive been hunting up on ancestry but cant find anything at this point.

i have traced a possible marriage between robert hughes and ann owen 
in 1862 ( the 1911 census)  at st michaels church, betwys y coed.  c/o  the welsh BMD only one so far that i could trace that seems to fit the bill.     

not come up with anything much for ann owen  apart from a possible 1861 census in st tudnos parish
other family memebers in that are
Mary Owens    59 mother
William Owens    23
Anne Owens    19
Cathrine Owens    16
Thomas Owens    12

but i cant confirm at all if it is her family,

and i am just suddenly thinking as robert hughes and anne  lived on the great orme still in 1911 at baron hill, they are probably buried in st tudnos as well. havnt found death recs either as yet.  i dont suppose parish records are available on line anywhere  are they?  (like the lancashire parish recs are).     
hugo you are a gem. 
and i am recorded out for the night!!!   thinks jessie simpson and her hubby jack southworth will have to take a back seat for a while  lol 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 01:33:40 pm »
Karen,  thanks for the info on Robert and I'll have a search asap now that I've got those extra details.

With regards to the marriage between Robert and Anne in 1862, if it was in Betws Y Coed then I would assume that Anne lived in that area and not the Llandudno area.

In the 1861 Census what address was given for Anne Owens because in a book I have, Mary Owens was a farmer on the western slopes of the Great Orme.   I think that her farm was called Gogarth  ?  and was one of two in that area.

If Robert and his family were still living on the Great Orme the chances are that they are also buried at St Tudno's and that info may alao be in the Archives

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 12:07:55 am »
i havnt managed to narrow down an 1861 census for either Robert hughes or ann owens.

they did not marry until 1862  according to the 1911 census records (1911 census  says how many years they were married).    and i didnt get any hits for an online search for a marriage on the BMd  apart from the one in betws,  but all the census'  write that ann owen-hughes was born Llandudno.

so then im guessing the betws marriage is not them.  nor have i found any hits for robert hughes in anglesey Llangefni as i dont have his parents names  and none come up  to that place name.

so furthest back i have with any confirmation is the 1881 census for them in Llandudno. living at pen y beurth

ive just found a baptism record for their daughter margaret ellen b 1873  in liverpool,  and i am guessing as robert was a journeyman stonemason.  he probably went where there was work. as he was previously in manchester, when ishmael was born 1867 , all the other children were born in Llandudno and were later than the two i have just mentioned.  (richard 1863 was earlier before he went to the north west and a year after their marriage).

i feel, that anne was born Llandudno, and would have thought she would marry there.  but as i say i havnt got anything further back than the fact that son richard was born to robert and anne in 1863 in Llandudnop   via the census recs. 

or the name of anns mother ???  so it could be the mary you mentioned i will try looking her up on the census and see if theres any ann/annie as a daughter.

i was trying to find a marriage record that might have had the parental names on it.  sometimes it happens!! if the parish/church recs are available online.

i am just amazed at how much has come to light already. 

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 01:12:31 am »
i havnt managed to narrow down an 1861 census for either Robert hughes or ann owens.

apart from the possible i found below,  in which there is a three year age difference between the ann in that census rec  (19yr)and the later census dates of  birth - my anne owens is born 1840 thus would be 21 on 1861  so not sure if its correct at all.

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 02:57:38 am »
1851 census i believe to be correct for ann owen. see below.

nb in 1901 census there is a margaret owen next door to Ann and robert on the list, see attatched rec. living alone aged 85yr .make her b c1816. i cant read the name of the house but both are on the ormes head. and i am trying to get the record up in her name not robert and annes  but im having probs  lol

so i believe this is my ann owens family. 

1851 Wales Census about Ann Owens they lived at   Pyllo Llandudno.(could this be the same as pyllau??)  Father worked mines

Name:    Ann Owens
Estimated birth year:    abt 1840
Relation:    Daughter
Father's Name:    Edward Owens
Mother's name:    Margaret Owens
Where born:    Llandidno, Caernarvonshire, Wales
Civil Parish or Township:    Llandudno
County/Island:    Caernarvonshire
Registration district:    Conway
Sub-registration district:    Conway
ED, institution, or vessel:    2b
Piece:    2519
Folio:    166
Page Number:    11
Household schedule number:    44
Household Members:    
Name    Age
Edward Owens    35
Margaret Owens    35
Ann Owens    11
Richard Owens    9
Thomas Owens    7
Elinor Owens    4
Mary Owens    2
William Owens    2w

Offline jom

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 04:29:13 am »
Whilst I haven't time to check this out right at the moment, the above family seem very reminiscent of John OWEN of Avalon's although the ages aren't totally consistent.

john was with his brother William age 28, and sister Ellen age 30 or 36 9Not totally clear) in 1881 at Milton house in what I think may be Gloddaeth St.  Will check when I can.  Didn't find the family readily on a previous search but would be the Ann Owen and John Owen link