Author Topic: Margaret Anne Pearl Hughes  (Read 38880 times)

Offline karenjadejoy

Re: Margaret Anne Pearl Hughes
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2021, 01:10:21 pm »
Thanks Hugo,
 i will check that out,
 i think we established some time back she was not in St Tudnos.  but now i have a date,  it will be easier to find out.
Cheers.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2021, 03:31:47 pm »
Karen, here's a link to the Conwy Archives in case you need it.    If Mrs Ann Hughes wasn't buried in the Council owned Cemetery at St Tudno's the other one would be St Hilary's at Llanrhos and they may have that info too

https://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Resident/Libraries-Museums-and-Archives/Archives/Archives.aspx

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2022, 09:17:16 am »
I'm not sure where to post this but when I was out walking with my dog I met a gentleman and we had a very interesting chat about the Great Orme.    He was born and raised on the Orme and had connections with the Owen family from Pink Farm and the Jones' from Ty Newydd Old Road
As well as talking about research he told me quite an amusing tale about his Grandfather David Owen.     Apparently David was a very good footballer in his day and played for Llandudno FC .    He was also very good friends with the legendary Everton footballer Dixie Dean and one day he asked Dixie if he could come over to Llandudno and present trophies at a forthcoming football match and Dixie immediately said yes.     The day before the match was due,  Dixie came over to stay the night in the cottage in Old Road.    In the evening David and Dixie decided to go out and have a drink.
Midnight came and as there was no sign of the two men the Nain locked the front door.    In the morning she opened the door to get the milk in and there they were the two of them,  fast asleep and hammered after a marathon drinking session
They don't build footballers like that anymore

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2022, 01:09:51 pm »
Great story Hugo   If I remember right. Ty newydd is at the bottom of old road just up from the kings head,  we have tried to reply to your message but it won’t send, yes if you let me know when be great to meet up.

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2022, 01:59:26 pm »
thanks for sharing that story Hugo, and i hope you and Norman manage to get together :)
Karen