Author Topic: Grave of Henry Kerridge who died in 1916.  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Helig

• Management board member
Grave of Henry Kerridge who died in 1916.
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:27 pm »
Is it possible to request a look up for the grave of Henry Kerridge who lived in Llandudno Junction and died in 1916?

It is possible he was buried in St Agnes, Conwy.

Helig.

Offline Hugo

Re: Grave of Henry Kerridge who died in 1916.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 04:54:05 pm »
At the Conwy Archives today I had a look at the Burial Index for St Agnes Church Conwy and there was a grave at No A061a for a Henry Kerridge.
According to the index the headstone read as follows:-
" In loving memory of our dear father
   Henry Kerridge
   Who fell asleep aged 82"

I couldn't see any dates mentioned and the grave was described as slate with kerbs.  I haven't been to the Cemetery so I can't give you any more info at present.

Offline Helig

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:09 pm »
Hello Hugo,

Thank you once more for your help and efforts.

My relation in New Zealand has obtained his death certificate, so we have the details, dates etc. Henry survived his son, Albert Abraham. I thought he might be buried in St Agnes, it was only quite recently we found he died in Llandudno Junction. It had been assumed he died in Hove, Sussex, where most of the family lived until 1898. Some of them moved north then but Henry's wife, Frances, remained in Hove where she died in 1903. One of the mysteries is that Frances is buried in Hove Cemetery, in a double plot, yet Henry was buried elsewhere and not mentioned at all on his wife's gravestone.

Helig.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »
I hope to post a photo of the grave when I go there next week.

Offline Helig

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 03:24:30 pm »
Hello Hugo,

Thank you very much.

I have never seen this grave. Good luck in St Agnes, it was very overgrown the last time I was in there.

Helig.

Offline Helig

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:54:47 am »
A photo of Henry Kerridge, the only one to exist of him. Nice to put a face to the name.

Helig

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 05:18:53 pm »
I know that I've posted the photo elsewhere but thought that I'd post it again against the request for Henry.

"I then went to St Agnes Cemetery and it is in a bad and neglected state but I was able to find the marble cross of George and Amelia's grave but only after pulling loads of Ivy off the headstone.   Henry's grave is in front of theirs but unrecognisable without major clearance of the undergrowth.  The grave for Henry is where the young sapling is growing in the last picture".