Author Topic: Local Churches and religious news  (Read 55087 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Local Churches and religious news
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 10:46:39 pm »
I need to let you know that Mrs Fester and I were due to attend the service at St Tudno's, (usually the 3pm one each year)
But the roads were so bad (for walking or driving) that we just assumed it would have been cancelled!

Now I feel bad..   :( :( :(
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2010, 05:05:23 pm »

You could always go to confession at the Catholic church in Lloyd St.  :votive: :votive: :votive: :votive:

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »
I need to let you know that Mrs Fester and I were due to attend the service at St Tudno's, (usually the 3pm one each year)
But the roads were so bad (for walking or driving) that we just assumed it would have been cancelled!

Now I feel bad..

Don't worry, Fester, plenty of other people didn't get there either.

St. Tudno's should be open over Christmas and new year if anyone would like to drop in.  The church is open weekends, Wednesdays and bank holidays during winter, weather permitting. 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2010, 11:37:17 pm »

You could always go to confession at the Catholic church in Lloyd St.  :votive: :votive: :votive: :votive:

Not sure about that mate..... I could be in there all day!   :twoface: :twoface: :twoface:
Fester...

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 11:39:07 am »
Things aren't that bad Fester, are they?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »
If you were to ask my ex wife.......maybe!   :twoface:
Fester...

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:34 am »
Lent at Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno

Ash Wednesday is on 9 March and there will Eucharist services with imposition of ashes at
 9.00 am
11.00 am, followed by a frugal lunch in the church hall
 7.30 pm

During Lent there will be a series of services and discussion groups in collaboration with our neighbouring parish of Rhoscystennin, including Compline at Llandudno Hospital chapel at 7.00 pm each Wednesday.

For more details, please see the Parish of Llandudno website:
http://www.llandudno-parish.org.uk/index.html

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:19 am »
Peter Owen Jones will be at Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno, on Thursday. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 02:38:16 pm »
Peter Owen-Jones gave an interesting talk at Holy Trinity yesterday evening.  After talking about some of his experiences while making the TV programmes, he read extracts from his new book, took questions and chatted to individuals in the audience. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 02:27:41 pm »
St. Tudno's Church on the Great Orme is now open every day.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 07:25:24 pm »
This coming Saturday 9th April there will be a Choral Evensong at Holy Trinity Church at 2.30pm when the Archbishop of Wales will be in attendance. He will be presenting awards to 27 church choir members from Wales, seven of whom are members of Holy Trinity's choir, for service to church music. Admission is by ticket only.

This is the first time since the awards commenced, that the service and ceremony has not been held in one of the Welsh Cathedrals.

On this day only, the Holy Trinity Church "Pay & Display" car park will be closed to the general public. The Church apologises for any inconvenience this very special occasion may cause.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2011, 06:34:45 pm »
Holy Trinity was packed yesterday for the Archbishop of Wales' Awards for Church Music.  The first photograph shows members of Holy Trinity Choir who received awards for more than 25 years' service, together with the Rector of Llandudno, the Archbishop and one of his staff (holding the Archbishop's cross). 

The second photograph shows most of the award recipients, who came from throughout Wales.  Amongst them there were some remarkable achievements for long service.  The gentleman on the far left has the longest record - he is 92 and has been a chorister since he was seven.  The lady on the far right wearing a hat has been an organist for 50 years, while two other ladies who were not present received awards for 70 years as an organist and for 76 years as a chorister. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 09:46:34 pm »
Archbishop sponsors 1000th slate

The Archbishop of Wales, Dr. Barry Morgan has sponsored the 1000th slate for St. Tudno's Church. 

As part of the fundraising to re-roof St. Tudno's, the Friends of St. Tudno's Church have been running Sponsor-a-Slate, with the aim of finding sponsors for each of the 1000 new slates which the builder estimates will be required. 

Including Gift Aid, Sponsor-a-Slate will have raised about £14,700 but considerably more money is still required.  The Parish is applying for grants and the Friends of St. Tudno's are continuing fundraising, with the next event being a fair at Holy Trinity Church on Saturday 16 April, from 10.00 am - 2.00 pm.  Weather permitting, the fair will include the popular soft toy bungee jump. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »
The gentleman on the far left has the longest record - he is 92 and has been a chorister since he was seven.  The lady on the far right wearing a hat has been an organist for 50 years, while two other ladies who were not present received awards for 70 years as an organist and for 76 years as a chorister. 
Those are some achievements - hats off to them.  $salute$

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2011, 02:25:17 pm »
Easter at St. Tudno's

On Easter Day, Sunday 24 April, there will be an Easter Vigil service at St. Tudno's Church at 5.30 am.  The service will include Communion and will be followed by breakfast, cooked by the Friends of St. Tudno's Church (the cooking facilities at St. Tudno's are somewhat limited so please don't expect anything too grand!). 

Lifts can be arranged between Llandudno and St. Tudno's and it would be helpful to have an idea of the number of people who would like breakfast but this is not essential, as anyone is welcome to turn up and join in.  Please sign one of the lists in the back of St. Tudno's or Holy Trinity Church, send me a PM or contact the parish via the parish website:

http://www.llandudno-parish.org.uk/contacts.html

Details of other services in the Parish of Llandudno during Holy Week and Easter can be found at:

http://www.llandudno-parish.org.uk/Holy_Week_and_Easter.html

Happy Easter.  Pasg Hapus.