Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 106372 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2012, 09:44:29 am »
Thanks--- I think that most of us in this area wouldn't hesitate to pass trade around-- apart from one or two we are all in touch with each other on a regular basis ! A little help is worth a lot of pity!
Karma !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »
Reminds me of one of everyone's favourite TV Shows - Fawlty Towers! 

We had the Ashby in Church Walks for a couple of years but it doesn't seem to be operating as an Hotel nowadays.  I enjoyed the time there - it was a great experience being on the other end of the business for a change!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »

The only trouble was that although I recorded the whole series the recorder did not record the stay at the Orme Court.         :rage:
I did however see the highlights of the Orme Court's day on the following day's showing so well done the Orme Court    &well&

You can still catch the episode on 4oD
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/4od#3314211

Thanks very much Jason, I'm looking forward to seeing that part of the series.     $good$

Offline Johann

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:25 am »
I used to watch how I met your motehr but now that I have to work all day I dont watch the TV at all! :P

Offline Hugo

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 10:48:04 am »
I think that my friend's taste in TV programmes has rapidly gone downhill when he admitted to me that he watches Towie and Big Brother but then I can't criticise because I watch Jeremy Kyle and also have watched Dog the Bounty Hunter.
Beth's bazookas in Dog the Bounty Hunter would frighten the life out of anyone!     ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2013, 04:44:05 pm »
I've just been watching "Winter Road Rescue" on Freeview and part of it is about the people that work on snowploughs especially in the Scottish highlands.
It was quite exciting viewing and those drivers were doing an excellent job, sometimes in very dangerous conditions.   Health and Safety didn't seem to come into it!
I just hope those guys were well rewarded for their effort.
I hope that Mull is safe and sound where he lives because those Scottish Winters are something else.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2014, 09:36:17 pm »
If you are a fan of Nordic noir detective series, look out for Hinterland on BBC Wales on the 4th of January. Filmed in and around Aberystwyth and well worth watching

BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03pqypt

Trailer Hinterland: Trailer - BBC Cymru Wales

Offline mull

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:47 am »
Thanks for your thoughts Hugo.
All fine up here but not doing much. No snow yet and only one day when we have woken up to frost.
Plenty of rain and severe gales badly affecting ferry services,and blocked roads due falling trees, blown over lorries.Seems to be going on day after day with no end in sight.
Hope you and your group have been able to get out and about over the holiday.  ££$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2014, 12:44:19 pm »
An old friend of mine was coming from West Yorkshire to Mull to spend Christmas with her son. Hope she managed to get there with your weather.!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2015, 08:32:29 pm »
A sign of age.......1975 and I remember it well!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2015, 09:09:13 pm »
The first TV programme I saw was the Coronation of the present Queen Elizabeth.  A host of us crowded round a 9 inch screen set!    2nd June 1953.  I was just about to leave Technical College for the big wide World outside, and my first job as a Junior Draughtsman.  Memories!
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2015, 10:41:57 pm »
remember it well Yorky i was a mere lad of 11 and we watched it on next doors telly one of the few in the village
about twenty of us kids sat on the floor for what must have been hours.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2015, 09:46:57 am »
Just wondering if anyone has watched an American tv show called 'True Detective'? I believe it can be seen on Sky Atlantic here in the UK.

We've just watched the first series and I think it's the most compelling programme that I've seen in a long time. Superb stuff.

It has an IMDB Rating of 9.3/10.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2015, 10:13:27 am »
Just wondering if anyone has watched an American tv show called 'True Detective'? I believe it can be seen on Sky Atlantic here in the UK.

We've just watched the first series and I think it's the most compelling programme that I've seen in a long time. Superb stuff.

It has an IMDB Rating of 9.3/10.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/

I watched it when it was first screened on Sky Atlantic & like most programmes on that channel it was excellent. The second series is half way through at the mo' but I'm waiting for it to end before I watch it in a 'Box Set Binge'. Completely different story though, based in L.A. with Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams & Vince Vaughn in the starring roles.
Valar Morghulis

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:27 am »
Is it on the on demand boxset thing? If so I will give it a try. Although I am wary if it's one of these american shows with 800 episodes!