Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 108568 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Dancing on Ice - YUCK!
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 09:33:59 am »
OMG Can't stand that either !
It is worth looking at D on I just to see the antics of the new judge!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45:23 am »
OMG Can't stand that either ! 

Which one X Factor or Top Gear?

It is worth looking at D on I just to see the antics of the new judge!

Is it that Louis Spence?  I do find him quite entertaining  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline martin

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 09:49:50 am »
Morning all.  ME, you like X Factor, Simon Cowell AND Jeremy Clarkson, flippin' Eck'. this time I am truly lost for words :-X

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 09:54:30 am »

I will ignore any further mentions of that twit J Clarkson.  There, I'm done.

I knew it wouldn't last  ;D ;D 

I can't stand Piers Morgan if that helps at all?  :laugh:

Offline martin

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 10:11:26 am »
I am not really saying this as I am still lost for words with your latest revelations regarding X Factor.  Anyway, all I can say in respect of Piers Morgan is that two wrongs do not make a right.  Furthermore, until you mentioned Mr Morgan, I did not really have an opinion on him, having always mentally  put him in the "non-person" classification.  Anyway, that's me, off to blow away the cobwebs down in Conwy.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 10:21:11 am »
X Factor, Big Brother, Get me out of Here, all those type of things make me scream at the TV. Jeremy Clarkson I don't like, but being married to a petrolhead we watch Top Gear-- mainly for the cars, I used to like Hammy, but he has gone a little bit 'trendy' these days. James May amuses me-- he's chaotic!
Simon Cowell-- you can see £ signs going round in his head when he sees something  the likes of Susan Boyle :o
Piers Morgan-- he loves himself doesn't he?
Louis Spence-- Yes that's him!

Blew our cobwebs away in Conwy yesterday afternoon, took the old Classic car for a spin and then had a nice walk.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 11:27:36 am »
I have always hated Big Brother, I'm a Celeb etc etc but for some reason we like the XFactor, I've no idea why, I'd never buy anything they released and it's not really my kind of music (I like rock etc) I like the early programmes with the ones who think they can sing and get stroppy when Simon tells them they can't  WWW  it hooks you in then!

'Simon Cowell-- you can see £ signs going round in his head ' 

I would be the same in his position ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2012, 11:35:08 am »
:rage: The whole thing has gone down the drain--I shall refrain from commenting on the new judges-- one of them makes me feel like throwing something at the TV.
ITV has more adverts than programmes nowadays. Most of those drive me nuts as well. I'm done as well !

This is precisely why I now Sky-Plus everything, and watch it soon after with a delay.
I haven't seen an advert in ages.
P.S. I quite like X-Factor.
Piers Morgan is very clever, but judging by his recent appearance at the phone-hacking hearing, he is a cynical liar.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 04:27:46 pm »
I like watching a programme on ITV called "Four in a bed" and before anyone makes a comment, it's not a kinky programme that you see after midnight! 
It's about 4 people who run B & B establishments and they stay at each others accommodation and rate it as they think fit.  This week there was a couple from the Orme Court at Llandudno on it and they turned out to be the eventual winners of the show.
The only trouble was that although I recorded the whole series the recorder did not record the stay at the Orme Court.         :rage:
I did however see the highlights of the Orme Court's day on the following day's showing so well done the Orme Court    &well&

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »
Was the owner called Kelvin by any chance? I think that's the hotel of an old friend.
Valar Morghulis

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »
Was the owner called Kelvin by any chance? I think that's the hotel of an old friend.

Scrap that. I just looked at their site & it looks like he sold it in 2003.
Valar Morghulis

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 05:23:23 pm »
yes and i see its up for sale again

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »

Carol and Kelvin now own 'Indulgence' Cafe in Clonmel Street. Orme Court is owned by Paul and Janette Smith and yes it is for sale.

Thought that one of the couples on that prog were dreadful, and very unfair to expect things like 4 poster beds, baths and themed rooms. Fair enough if you are paying what they were asking, but not for a lovely place at a modest price like Orme Court.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:44 pm »

The only trouble was that although I recorded the whole series the recorder did not record the stay at the Orme Court.         :rage:
I did however see the highlights of the Orme Court's day on the following day's showing so well done the Orme Court    &well&

You can still catch the episode on 4oD
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/4od#3314211

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »

Carol and Kelvin now own 'Indulgence' Cafe in Clonmel Street. Orme Court is owned by Paul and Janette Smith and yes it is for sale.

Thought that one of the couples on that prog were dreadful, and very unfair to expect things like 4 poster beds, baths and themed rooms. Fair enough if you are paying what they were asking, but not for a lovely place at a modest price like Orme Court.

Nemesis, what a nice thing to say about a local business and people who are competitors of yours.
Fair play to you.   $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -