Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 104228 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 10:30:00 pm »
These are funny too.  They're not rude honest.

Top Funny Ads
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

brumbob

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2011, 11:13:30 am »
Loving the new series of Benidorm,
Jaqueline singing in Bananarama was class
some great one liners 'Chorizo sausage in cider'
and Mateo getting arrested for soliciting was hilarious

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »
Most of the shows we watch are on Sky: House, Big Bang Theory (incredibly funny) and we're currently working our way through the box set of Lost.

Lost is superb, with complex, interweaving story lines and finely drawn characters, plus an outstanding location.  If you're wiling to take the time with it, and enjoy complex ScFi, then you  will enjoy Lost.

Every so often, US TV comes along with shows that challenge viewers and make them work.  West Wing was one such, and it's in the same stable as Lost. Thinking about, you probably don't need a TV these days;  simply buy the box sets of the best of the shows that arrive. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

brumbob

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2011, 03:25:59 pm »
or 'cough' download them  :-X

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:24 am »
Didn't take to Dexter, but Vampire Diaries was okay, for a while, but I eventually stopped watching.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2011, 08:45:59 am »
The Hotel Inspector, featuring the lovely Alex Polizzi.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »
Last week's B&B was filthy---Yeuk ! She wouldn't stay the night !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 06:36:19 pm »
About five weeks ago a rather odd, indeed - surreal - programme appeared on Sky Atlantic. Called "This is Jinsy' , originally piloted on BBC 3.

It's very odd, but at the same time strangely compelling.  In fact, it's funny, clean, intelligent and fairly original. The two leads also play most of the parts but the most significant aspect is the legion of top quality performers they've had lining up to be involved. Simon Callow was the latest, but Harry Hill, David Tennant, Catherine Tate and Nigel planer - to name but four - have all appeared.  This is good stuff: they don't do easy gags, or cheap laughs.  There are repeated aspects - such as the Island Singers - which are a delight.

Well worth watching.

Offline Hugo

X Factor
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 06:23:11 pm »
Fans of X Factor cried "fix" last night according to the Daily Mirror today. Apparently a music chain offered the chance to pre order Amelia Lily's winner's single -  four days before the grand final!
How come her single is available but not the other two contestants singles?
There have been allegations of phone rigging in the past with other shows so I would have thought the voting system would have been more transparent and the viewers made aware of how many votes each contestant has received.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: X Factor
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »
Oh do me a favour of course it's bloody rigged.  I mean Jedward won one year and what a pair of annoying quiffed Muppets they were, it's utter brain numbing crap.  Wagner the geriatric, couldn't sing if he tried, leather clad old has been, not a chance did ordinary people vote for him, no he was left in as he was a talking point even if it was negative. he was the male version of Margarita Pracatan from the Clive James show.  Talking of Clive James he once said "watching this, made me want to pull off my head and give it a good wash out with hot soapy water" I rest my case  ;D

Margarita Pracatan - New York New York   Magarita Pracatan for those to young to remember.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 06:59:51 pm »
There have been allegations of phone rigging in the past with other shows so I would have thought the voting system would have been more transparent and the viewers made aware of how many votes each contestant has received.

I personaly think that all voting should be by a "live panel" in the theatre, present at the time of the performance.  Then you would get an honest vote 'cos they would not be coruptable, would they?????    _))*    _))*    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 10:25:13 am »

I personaly think that all voting should be by a "live panel" in the theatre, present at the time of the performance.  Then you would get an honest vote 'cos they would not be coruptable, would they?????    _))*    _))*    _))*

You could well be right Yorkie but they are only after money and that's why they have the phone in's.   I don't think that Jedward won the X Factor but they did manipulate their singing by turning down the mic's of Jedward and turning up the mic's of the backing group so as to drown the awful racket that Jedwood produced.
 Since then they have tampered with the autotune for acts like Wagner and recently Kitty.  The whole business stinks anyway and I'm surprised that I still watch this stuff.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2011, 10:39:37 am »
Well the Daily Mirror got it wrong, Amelia Lily was kicked out last night. 

I watched about 15 minutes of the programme and then switched off as it was a load of rubbish.
Won't be watching any of it tonight though!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »
Hugo, I have not watched it since our youngest got knocked out in the second round in Manchester a few years ago in favour of individuals who definitely could not sing.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »
Hugo, I have not watched it since our youngest got knocked out in the second round in Manchester a few years ago in favour of individuals who definitely could not sing.

I think that you've done the wisest thing Bri, I've always thought that it was rigged to get the acts through that would generate the most money for the show whether they could sing or not.
This year was worse than the others so next year I'll do like you have and not bother at all.