Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 103516 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2020, 10:14:39 am »
Not sure if this has been posted already ........

A NEW television series will showcase the remarkable stories and wonderful scenery along North Wales’ stunning coastline.

ITV’s Sean Fletcher explores the 870-mile Wales Coast Path on an epic adventure along one of the world’s most unique coastlines.

The first episode takes viewers to the dramatic landscapes of the North Wales coast, from the Talacre Dunes to Great Orme, to discover the unique wildlife and vibrant communities.

The new series captures the unique stories and biodiversity along the Welsh coastline, which is home to vibrant communities, breathtaking scenery and rare wildlife.

The Wales Coast Path remains committed to conversing the path’s coastal environments, whilst promoting the positive benefits of walking.

Given the current coronavirus situation, the Wales Coast Path encourages audiences to enjoy the series from the comfort of their own home and plan to visit Wales later.

The series, Wonders of the Coast Path, will air weekly on ITV Wales from April 27 at 8.30pm before airing nationally in the summer from July 2020.
https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/18402551.itv-series-set-explores-wonders-north-wales-coastline/?ref=rss

Offline SteveH

Re: Favourite TV Shows.....Killing Eve fans
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2020, 01:46:58 pm »
A surprise for "Killing Eve" fans........

A MOCHDRE based teddy bear company has revealed it made a 'killing' out of the popular cult psychological drama Killing Eve.

Be My Bear, located at Mochdre Business Park, supplied hundreds of bears and outfits to Sid Gentle Films Ltd, the producers of the show, during the filming of scenes in London last year.

Their bulldogs and bears sporting Union Jack t-shirts were featured in the opening episode but in episode three, a whole scene is given over to their cuddly celebrities.

Assassin Villanelle visits their 'shop', stuffed full of Be My Bear teddies and friends, and records a message for her adversary Eve which she then places into one of the pink teddies and delivers to Eve’s home in the latest twist in their cat and mouse relationship

Cont     https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18436596.mochdre-based-teddy-company-reveals-supplied-hundreds-bears-killing-eve/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2020, 05:59:08 pm »
For anyone interested in Ancestry there is a Tv  programme on tonight at 9.00 pm on ITV   it is called "Long lost family: Born without trace" and should be very interesting

Offline Hugo

« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2020, 09:26:23 am »
I saw the TV programme Long Last Families again last night and it was about "foundlings" children abandoned and it's fascinating how the advancement in DNA techniques has helped some of the children trace their biological parents.
It must give a lot of hope to those people who are trying to find their relatives

Offline Hugo

« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2020, 02:09:25 pm »
I've been watching some episodes of "I'm a celebrity"  and saw this article in the Daily Post today and I wonder if there is any truth in it?
I've got all the doors and windows shut at night and it's still cold inside the house so what would it be like in the castle?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/im-celebrity-castle-responds-viewer-19334531

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2020, 03:17:45 pm »
Just as they did with the abseiling at the outset, they're not risking the celebrities' health or safety so there is heating there; probably space heating as they have in garages.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2020, 04:18:42 pm »
I noticed that too Ian.      At Penmon you could see four of the celebrities looking down the cliff at their camp mate but the actual rope was many yards away from them.
In the trials last night Ant and Dec may as well have been in the tunnels with the celebrities for all the help and clues they were giving the contestants

Offline SteveH

Re: Favourite TV Shows........Online pantomime
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2020, 10:28:12 am »
FAMILIES can still enjoy all the fun of the panto this year with an innovative online performance.

Celebrities from across the industry will be heading to Rhyl Pavilion to film an online pantomime that will be broadcast UK-wide.

Stars include XFactor star Sam Bailey, ITV The Chase’s Mark Labbett And Anne Hegerty, Britain’s Got Talent Winners dog act Ashley and Sulley, I’m a Celeb winner and Atomic Kitten member Kerry Katona, Phil Mealey star of Early Doors and a host of stars from TV such as Benidorm, Eastenders, Hollyoaks and the Bill.

Public performances start from December 19, with shows finishing on New Year’s Day. Tickets are £15 pay-per-view.
Visit www.antonbensonproductions.com

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18920336.online-pantomime-filmed-rhyl-pavilion-theatre/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #233 on: January 02, 2021, 10:01:09 am »
We watched a show over Xmas, with Bradley Walsh reviewing old game shows, there was a clip with Terry Wogan hosting Blankety Blank,
talking to a contestant, who's name tag read Tom, when asked for his full name he said Moore............ a quick search confirmed my thoughts............

You Tube video      Colonel Tom Moore appears on Blankety Blank with Terry Wogan  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4UmP5hb3Y

Offline SteveH

« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2021, 09:54:59 am »
TV fanatics will continue to have free access to channels including ITV2, Dave and E4 for another decade as Freeview licences have been renewed.

Ministers have said Public service and commercial broadcasters can continue to deliver content free-to-air to audiences across the UK after ministers decided the Freeview platform will be supported until at least 2034.

As such, free access for viewers to digital TV channels is protected into the next decade.

The government has given Ofcom the power to renew the five national multiplex licences for the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) platform.

TV multiplexes are digital networks which allow several TV channels to be compressed and transmitted at the same time over a single radio frequency.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19523523.tv-channels-itv2-e4-dave-will-remain-free-least-decade/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2021, 07:03:09 pm »
Just a reminder for anyone that is interested.      On ITV Wales tonight at 8.00 pm is "The Pier"  and it's about the Llandudno Pier so it should be well worth watching or recording            $good$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2021, 08:26:16 am »
It gave a very good report on Llandudno and the pier.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2021, 09:35:48 am »
I enjoyed watching it last night and it was a good advert for the town.    I think that there are 5 more episodes to watch so I'm looking forward to seeing them

Offline SteveH

« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2021, 03:14:56 pm »
Definitely showing us in a good light, nice to see, and I hope the other episodes are as good.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2021, 10:18:27 am »
On location filming Dr Who. Actor Patrick Troughton filming in Snowdonia with the Yeti monsters in 1967.