Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 103521 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Favourite TV Shows
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »
I rarely watch tv but do like the odd series. My faves at the moment are The Apprentice (current UK series and the far better US version with Donald Trump which is in its 10th series).

Also, An Idiot Abroad is very funny.

Karl Pilkington in An Idiot Abroad: First Look Sneak Peek Trailer

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:08:49 pm »
yeah I like the apprentice,the uk version, but I can't do with Donald Trump. the "inbetweeners " is a good comedy.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 12:45:26 am »
The Apprentice is a load of pretentious, pompous and aggressive garbage.

I spent far too long in corporate life, watching the politics of halfwits such as these as they climbed the 'greasy pole' , to find it entertaining.
I find it stressful to watch,  almost as stressful as those D List celebrities eating live creatures in the jungle.

Mrs Fester loves it, probably because she still has to work with idiots such as them.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:30:26 am »

that's why I like it, totally different to my real life  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Yorkie

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 08:51:12 am »
I spent far too long in corporate life, watching the politics of halfwits such as these as they climbed the 'greasy pole' , to find it entertaining.
I find it stressful to watch,  almost as stressful as those D List celebrities eating live creatures in the jungle.
Mrs Fester loves it, probably because she still has to work with idiots such as them.

I would not give one of them houseroom in any of my (or my employer's) companies.  They are just like a load of kids with their arguing and squabbling.   And they are the sort of silly billies that we have to rely on to lead the country in the future!   As Sargeant Frazer would say, "We're DOOMED, DOOMED I say!"   L0L

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 08:59:46 am »
Now you're talking--- best comedy ever.    Love poor old Godfrey with his overactive bladder !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:17:18 am »
My favourite comedy has to be 'One foot in the grave' closely followed by 'Fawlty Towers'  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 10:43:45 am »
I used to like "Come Dine with Me" when it was about people genuinely trying to produce a decent meal for a group of strangers, but now it seems to be full of TV"wannabees" some of whom can't cook and others who don't like good food, and most of them only there to wind up others and show off their plastic showhomes
  )*)&

The other TV shows I never miss are "Dexter" and "Criminal MInds" (not quite sure what that says about me !)

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:33:21 am »
Suepp - I agree with tou about Come Dine with Me - I think it's more a question of "be on a show" as with lots of this type of programmes :rage:

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 12:00:06 pm »
I was once on a TV show, A  group of us from Bangor Tech were staying at the Devonshire street YHA in London when we were told of a "Disco"  in the Basement, When we got there and saw the cameras, we were told it was a documentary promote British tea! Jimmy Savile was the DJ so that was exciting, next he introduced Dr Magnus Pyke who was telling us interesting scientific facts between records, after about 15 minutes Eammon Andrews arrived to surprise Dr Pyke with the big red book - "This is your Life"!  When they left to go to the real studio Jimmy stayed and chatted to us, he was a real gent, and told us of places he'd been to in North Wales. He had half a moustache and a beard at the time and a large ring on his finger that he used as an ashtray for his enormous cigar!

I never did see the actual programme, I think it may have been Live at the time (around 1975)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 10:27:01 pm »
Sat here now with a bottle of wine watching "secret millionaire" It's excellent, I'd love to do that. What an inspirational programme.

*&(

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 11:19:10 pm »
Sat here now with a bottle of wine watching "secret millionaire" It's excellent, I'd love to do that. What an inspirational programme.

*&(

Was it an expensive bottle?  8)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 11:30:57 pm »
Was it an expensive bottle?  8)
I'll be honest... no it's not, its probably never even seen a grape. Hubby calls it giggly pop, the rest of us call it Lambrini (how cheap is that.........I don't need you to advise thanks Trojan) Thing is real wine goes straight to my head, plus I don't really like the taste....................next  ZXZ

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »
Angie, if you really do want to give away large sums of money to deserving causes... don't let me stop you.

In fact I would like to nominate the FBDF,   Festers Beer Drinking Fund.     Z** Z** Z**
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 08:18:35 am »
BOT:

House, Stargate Universe, The Big Bang Theory, Frasier, The Big Bang Theory, MASH (long gone but still surprisingly relevant), Pillars of the Earth (but a schmaltzy ending), most stuff on Sky Arts, the Proms, oh - and did I mention The Big Bang Theory?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.