Author Topic: Mobile Phones  (Read 25992 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: Mobile Phones
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 09:31:33 am »
Apparently I don't know anything about phones as I've got an HTC Wildfire S and I'm very happy with it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:06 am »
Cheers guys!
My faith in human nature is restored...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:42:26 am »
I've been looking on the Which website for you, the HTC is probably the best of the two, if you want to see more, pop over and you can see the reports for yourself  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 06:26:22 pm »
The HTC Wildfire s is infuriatingly flawed! In theory it could be as useful as an I phone - (you can get pretty much all the same apps) and you can plug in as much memory as you can get on a memory card. However nearly all apps have to be installed on the internal memory which is ridiculously small. Meaning realisticly you can use about four or five apps before your memory gets 'full' and you have to delete.

I used to have one - lost it and got an I phone off e bay for £120 - best money I ever spent

On another note. Is there anywhere in town that repairs phones? As my I phone has got water damaged and now the bottom of the screen won't respond to touches meaning I can't use certain apps  :'(
Hoping it just needs opening up and emptying out so to speak

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 08:35:48 pm »
Sorry Fester I was wrong. I must be using the 10 or 12 apps I've got installed on mine incorrectly then because I don't seem to have a problem.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »
One of the first apps to install is The Cloud.    WiFi availability all over the country! ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:19 pm »
One of the first apps to install is The Cloud.    WiFi availability all over the country! ZXZ
Agreed. $good$ All Wetherspoons pubs use The Cloud, as do places like McDonalds, Club 147, Kings Head in Llandudno.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »
The one that irks me is BT open zone - my phone automatically connects to it whenever it's in range. But as I have to subscribe and pay for it it doesn't work. Instead it just turns off my 3g and I have to go through the pain of turning my wi fi off. Very annoying.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:41 pm »
I had that problem so I turned off the 'Ask To Join'
setting so it now ignores everything but my home
WiFi network.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 11:05:35 pm »
Medz, Merddin, B2R... and all.
Thank you for you comments and advice here.
We also go some good feedback on the HTC Wildfire from our good friend and neighbour today.  (Cheers Linda  ;) ;) )

So.... I think Mrs F has a good idea which way to go now.

She had better be quick, because her colleagues will snap them all up !
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:08 am »
The one that irks me is BT open zone - my phone automatically connects to it whenever it's in range. But as I have to subscribe and pay for it it doesn't work. Instead it just turns off my 3g and I have to go through the pain of turning my wi fi off. Very annoying.
If you go into WiFi settings when it pops up, you can select it and 'forget this network', I think.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:29 am »
Has any other iPhone user out there got one of these odd emails in their inbox?

I was just clearing some old emails when I noticed a rogue one at the bottom of the list. It's from No Sender, has No Subject & no content but it's the date it was sent that caught my eye, 01/01/1970! Worried it may signify some sort of virus or Trojan I Googled it & it seems to be quite common with others having one dated 31/12/1969.

Common conception seems to be it is harmless & is caused by a glitch in the software caused by something called Unix Time/POSIX time which can be explained in Wikipedia if you so wish but it just gave me a headache. I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else came across it in the future & had the same fears as I did regarding a virus.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 11:58:19 am »
iPhone 6 v Samsung

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:06 pm »
Apparently, out of the billions of iPhones sold Apple have been contacted by 6 about bending.  That's six users. It seems that a lot of people see Apple as a cash cow and want to bring it down.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 12:22:27 pm »