Author Topic: Llandudno Fireworks display  (Read 25525 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Fireworks display
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2014, 10:09:30 pm »
Very enjoyable, and just had a message from some one who came all the way from Penrhyndeaudraeth and thoroughly enjoyed them too.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2014, 10:09:48 pm »
......... IF however, there WAS a small fire following the fireworks display, then that must be the LAST time it is ever held there.

Just look at how many British piers have been lost to fires, why on Earth would anyone take such risks?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2014, 11:04:22 am »
I will look forward to some pictures of it as we are not going out in this weather to see it! Good luck to those who do go!  ££$

WATCH: Spectacular firework display in Llandudno 2014

Hundreds...?   turned out for the fireworks display in Llandudno on Saturday evening.
Visitors were not disappointed with the stunning display with the great backdrop of the town’s pier.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/watch-spectacular-firework-display-llandudno-8038325

Offline Dave

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »
We have a great vantage point from our garden but I'm afraid the weather kept us indoors so we missed them. A great shame it turned out the way it did but I guess that there was a commitment to go ahead despite the wind and rain , presumably as I was told they had been advertised on TV . Just goes to show some folk travelling for miles and I didn't even know they were on last Saturday until a day or two before ! Once again the publicity machine doesn't seem to connect with me !!!

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Llandudno Fireworks display 2019
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2019, 03:32:43 pm »
Llandudno firework display which attracted 17,000 people last year could be last unless financial support is found.

LLANDUDNO town council is staying on trend and will again host its firework display in October - but fears have been raised it may be the last.

The display will be held on Wednesday, October 30 at 6.10pm - before Halloween and Bonfire night - on Llandudno North Shore beach.

In 2018, the event also took place towards the end of October.

Cllr Ian Turner, vice-chair of the Councils Fireworks Committee, said health and safety and risk assessments have been increased this year and in turn - have brought with them increased costs.

Full story..........   https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17867989.llandudno-firework-display-attracted-17-000-people-last-year-last-unless-financial-support-found/