Author Topic: Photography  (Read 265260 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Photography
« Reply #510 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:30 pm »
Wellies as well? ;D
My walking boots are pretty good, even on very wet paths, but I could do with a pair of wellies..size 11 if anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas.  :D  ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53:37 pm »
                 Anglesey County Council publish a series of pamphlets entitled "Circular Coastal Walks on the Isle of Anglsey", which I have found to be very useful and detailed. They each cover certain areas (some have 2 or 3 walks from the same start point) and are mostly waymarked. They cover areas such as Llandona, Pentraeth, Brynsiencyn, Llyn Alaw, Amlwch, Moelfre, Dwynwen, Newborough, Aberfraw, Holy Island etc. and there was also a separate 42 page booklet  (with maps) available last year entitled "Circular walks on Anglesey's coast".
             They are available from libraries, tourist information etc. and probably also on-line. I got at least 9 pamphlets and the booklet from the Tourist Info. at Llanfair P.G. and they have been very handy.
Thank you, I think I may have found them online:
http://www.visitanglesey.co.uk/circular_walks_on_angleseys_coast-104.aspx

Offline Jack

« Reply #512 on: December 19, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »
There is the official Anglesey Coastal Footpath book too DaveR which is a worth a look too!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #513 on: December 19, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »
Wellies as well? ;D
My walking boots are pretty good, even on very wet paths, but I could do with a pair of wellies..size 11 if anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas.  :D  ;)

Wait a bit mate--- Just paid the vet's bill !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #514 on: December 20, 2012, 08:40:00 am »
Wellies as well? ;D

Wait a bit mate--- Just paid the vet's bill !
:-X

Offline hollins

« Reply #515 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:07 am »
DaveR, I was interested to see your photo of Plas Rhianfa during the building works on your photography blog.
The manager told us that it had cost £3 million including the purchase price. Doesn't seem that much when you see what they have done to it but nevertheless there must have been some money made selling beds to finance it!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #516 on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:25 am »
DaveR, I was interested to see your photo of Plas Rhianfa during the building works on your photography blog.
The manager told us that it had cost £3 million including the purchase price. Doesn't seem that much when you see what they have done to it but nevertheless there must have been some money made selling beds to finance it!
I believe Clarenco paid nearly a million pounds just to buy it, they are building up a chain of super luxury hotels around the UK.

I'm looking forward very much to a stay there myself in a couple of months.  $good$

Plas Rhianfa by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

http://www.clarenco.com/venues/plas-rhianfa/

Offline hollins

« Reply #517 on: January 02, 2013, 11:30:53 am »
Lucky you. Hope you take your camera and do a "room with a view" posting! Enjoy it.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #518 on: January 02, 2013, 01:06:04 pm »
I'm very sure I will!  :)

Just checked, the Guide Price was Plas Rhianfa was £1.95m and it originally went on the market for £3.25m!

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2008/03/19/3-25m-house-on-anglesey-55578-20643220/

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #519 on: January 02, 2013, 04:36:22 pm »
Lucky you. Hope you take your camera and do a "room with a view" posting! Enjoy it.  $good$

Try the circular bed you can then have a rounded night's sleep and sort out your fen shui at the same time.
 ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: January 05, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »
"The way through the Woods":

The Road Ahead by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

"Frozen"

Frozen by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Frozen Fern by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline hollins

« Reply #521 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »
Hollins the photographer......watch out DaveR!
Photo taken by Mr Hollins though.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: January 12, 2013, 09:02:47 am »
Nice.  Any chance some ropey photographers could join the forum, as I might be tempted to post some of my pics, then...  ???
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #523 on: January 12, 2013, 09:11:33 am »
Nice.  Any chance some ropey photographers could join the forum, as I might be tempted to post some of my pics, then...  ???
I'll ask Fester to post some of his...   :P

Nice shot, Mr. H!  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #524 on: January 13, 2013, 01:08:25 am »
Ah well, thats the point isn't it.

Real photography is an artform (so Dave tells me  :laugh:)  But its great to see Hollins and others venture on to this thread with such beautiful and enigmatic offerings.

Me?  If I take a picture that I like, I steer away from this thread and post it on 'Whats llandudno like' or 'Exploring' or suchlike.

I fear ridicule and rejection...  L0L
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -