Author Topic: Thailand  (Read 5627 times)

Offline dontheturner

• Never look back, at your past mistakes
Thailand
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:08:59 am »

Yes!   

Thailand,  Lovely for a holiday - ,and the prices are very low,

It is the exchange rate, that is causing the big problem here - An English pound, or an American dollar, will  not  get you much!  - cannot blame the country, their exports of rice, and hard disc drives, top the world.

The scenery, is outstanding, and buying things in shops, well they do their best to understand you.

But, hey!  there is no place like home,  So we are returning, hopefully, in February..

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: Thailand
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:48:16 am »
The wife and I visited Thailand for the first time and stayed in Bangkok for 10 nights, on our way back home from Australia last December. It cost us the same as a 3 nights stay would in Hong Kong. All the Travel Agents told us it was to long to spend in the City and we should split our stay with half the time spent on the coast.

We got so feed up with them that in the end we went on-line and booked our Hotel and Airport transfers ourselves. (Their advice was the equivalent of us wanting to visit London and being told you really should spend half your time in Blackpool.)

The Hotel we booked using TripAdvisor more than meet our expectations. What a fantastic time we had. We have only just been able to scratch the surface of what was available. There was more than enough for us to see and do. Getting around by public transport was very easy, food was fantastic and very reasonable and we are looking forward to our next visit.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline dontheturner

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 01:08:28 am »
 Hello,
If I had known you then, You could have come and stayed with my Thai Wife and I - it would have been our pleasure to entertain you both..(we have en suite rooms). 
We are a distance of about seven hours drive from Bangkok, but just over an hours flight to the local Airport --way over to the East, towards the Laos border in the City of Ubonratchathani.  which has the Mun river coursing through.it, till it joins the Mekong, at a place called two colour river, 
There is lots to see and do.  Regards  Don

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:10:31 am »
Hey Don... I'll come and stay with your wife and you.... just as long as you are out !    Whey hey !!  ZXZ D) D) D)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 01:22:57 am »
We made it as far as Ayuthaya Don and had a fantastic ride on an Elephant; the Royal Wat’s were something to see. Next time I would love to visit Angkor Wat over in Cambodia. You are a very lucky man  ££$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline dontheturner

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 01:32:41 am »
 Hello Again, Blongb,
You really should put Lampang, on your ''to see'' list for your next visit.  You could describe it, as the ''Potteries of tThailand''

It is not too fat from Bangkok, but obviously, is was an all day drive by Air- Con coach from here,  can you imagine, I was the only Englishman, on the coach, and the rest were all family friends?  There was on board toilet, and food getting served, throughout, and microphones hanging for the coach ceilings, for Karaoka!.

All food found, and entertainment every evening. 

Even the City Mayor, gave all on the party, a small two cup service to bring home - present in the Cuty Square. Don.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:16:44 pm »
One of our daughters has just landed a job in Bangkok for the next two years so we shall be looking forward to visiting Thailand for the first time in the not too distant future.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »
One of our daughters has just landed a job in Bangkok for the next two years so we shall be looking forward to visiting Thailand for the first time in the not too distant future.

What will she be working as Bri?  ???

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 10:24:36 pm »
Is Yul Brynner still the King over there?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 10:28:47 pm »
Is Yul Brynner still the King over there?
Have you been drinking, Sir?  ZXZ

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »
What will she be working as Bri?  ???

She will be teaching English and Drama at a private school in Bangkok.

At present, she is teaching at a local secondary school.

My God I will miss her but, at the same time, what a wonderful opportunity?  ££$