Author Topic: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)  (Read 1229900 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)
« Reply #3555 on: December 02, 2013, 11:51:33 pm »
The Ritz?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3556 on: December 02, 2013, 11:54:17 pm »
Ahhh... RITZ crackers..... why didn't I think of that??   $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3557 on: December 03, 2013, 10:27:32 am »
TheMedz is totally correct! &well&

It is certainly an experience not to be missed if you are ever in the vicinity!  Don't know what it costs now but last time I went it was a finger short of an arm and a leg!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #3558 on: December 03, 2013, 10:44:31 am »
I can see where you got your link from Yorkie,
http://travel.uk.msn.com/travel-advice/images.aspx?cp-documentid=151799751&page=29

However, I am suspicious that it is correct because for one thing it is the wrong crockery. The Ritz have gold and white and I am sure no coloured glasses.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3559 on: December 03, 2013, 10:52:39 am »
Hollins is WAY too classy!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3560 on: December 03, 2013, 11:01:30 am »
However, I am suspicious that it is correct because for one thing it is the wrong crockery. The Ritz have gold and white and I am sure no coloured glasses.
I looked at Google Images and I think you're right. Well spotted H!

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3561 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:01 pm »
The Berkeley, Knightsbridge?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3562 on: December 03, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »
http://travel.uk.msn.com/travel-advice/images.aspx?cp-documentid=151799751&page=29

You are quite correct Hollins as to the web site http://travel.uk.msn.com/travel-advice/images.aspx?cp-documentid=151799751&page=29, now tell me why the text refers to afternoon tea at the Ritz?    If it is NOT the Ritz then the author of the web page is wrong NOT ME!

However as some people on this Forum just LOVE to CRITICISE, I will allow them their small moment of false pleasure.

I would guess that I have eaten and drank in more CLASSY and EXPENSIVE London Hotels than every other person on this Forum, but cannot account for the Ritz's choice of crockery when they want a publicity photograph.  The crockery used has enhanced a shot that with plain bordered crockery would have been rather mundane and uninteresting.  There may be a photographer amongst us who would agree with that sentiment.     :rage:
Cicero

Offline hollins

« Reply #3563 on: December 03, 2013, 02:45:51 pm »
It isn't only the crockery that made me think the website you used was incorrect. It was also the cakes which in my opinion look a bit naff.
In particular the bikini biscuits as there is a strict dress code at the Ritz you know.    ;D
However joking apart you can buy those biscuits and I doubt that the renowned pastry chefs at the Ritz would ever allow bought in items to their restaurant.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3564 on: December 03, 2013, 02:52:48 pm »

You are quite correct Hollins as to the web site http://travel.uk.msn.com/travel-advice/images.aspx?cp-documentid=151799751&page=29, now tell me why the text refers to afternoon tea at the Ritz?    If it is NOT the Ritz then the author of the web page is wrong NOT ME!

However as some people on this Forum just LOVE to CRITICISE, I will allow them their small moment of false pleasure.

I would guess that I have eaten and drank in more CLASSY and EXPENSIVE London Hotels than every other person on this Forum, but cannot account for the Ritz's choice of crockery when they want a publicity photograph.  The crockery used has enhanced a shot that with plain bordered crockery would have been rather mundane and uninteresting.  There may be a photographer amongst us who would agree with that sentiment.     :rage:

Do you want your dummy back?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3565 on: December 03, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »
Or the doors widening ? :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3566 on: December 03, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »

I would guess that I have eaten and drank in more CLASSY and EXPENSIVE London Hotels than every other person on this Forum, but cannot account for the Ritz's choice of crockery when they want a publicity photograph.  The crockery used has enhanced a shot that with plain bordered crockery would have been rather mundane and uninteresting.  There may be a photographer amongst us who would agree with that sentiment.     :

Do you want your dummy back?

Don't be f*****g stupid Steve!   _))*
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3567 on: December 03, 2013, 04:33:46 pm »
An up to date picture of the crockery at the Ritz.   
Cicero

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3568 on: December 03, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »
Never mind the crockery it's the cakes I'm after.    $dins$ ZXZ

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3569 on: December 04, 2013, 09:08:19 am »
Never mind the crockery it's the cakes I'm after.    $dins$ ZXZ

Just where is the very best fancy cake shop locally?  Pinnington's and Sumner's have long since gone, and all I can think of is Fortes in Rhos.   ZXZ
Cicero