Author Topic: Tudno F M  (Read 44851 times)

Waffagolf

Re: Tudno F M
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »
More details

Waffagolf

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2011, 03:08:02 pm »
Interesting to know who lives in the town of Llandudno

Waffagolf

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 03:09:14 pm »
We live in a rainbow are

Waffagolf

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 03:10:57 pm »
Last bit for now, but there's more....All interesting and vital to TFM

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 11:37:31 am »
Where do you get all these "facts" and figures from?

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 03:46:38 pm »
Hello.

I wonder if someone from Tudno Radio could help out here:

Our small corner of south east Norfolk is passed over by the authorities when they make plans and develop policies for delivering services. It is a wide rural area made up of scattered small villages and farms.

I have been exploring the possibility of forming a service user led group to support independent living for disabled adults and elderly people and trying to think of ways to engage with the residents of this rural and excluded part of the world, especially those made captive by their impairments and unable to leave their homes.

After discounting internet conferencing - we do run a very successful internet Independent Living Group using Skype but involvement is limited by lack of computer equipment and willingness to use it, I have wondered about setting up a very local small radio station which would be ideal - effective for information giving and advocacy by phone in.

Could anyone please tell me what basic equipment would be required (grants are reasonably accessible) and what steps I would need to take to set up the basics.

Thanks and Heddwch.

Mike.
Micox

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 08:15:42 pm »
Tudno FM has been given another grant, this time the sum of £13,400 from the Welsh Government.

I speak to many people in Llandudno and, being completely honest, not one person ever mentions listening to Tudno FM. Do any of our Members listen to it?

Offline dwsi

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »
i have done in the past when people i know have been presenting. i have listened to tudno fm on the web

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 09:24:48 pm »
In my opinion, Tudno FM had a chance to proof its worth as a community radio station when we were all snowed in around Xmas time and it failed miserably.

That may have been Xmas 2010 as my memory is fading fast.

Anyway, I am afraid I stopped listening to it a long time ago.

If it has any hope of getting off the ground it should employ the services of Ian Turner who would turn its fortunes round in next to no time.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 09:51:03 am »
Used to listen-- but there never seemed to be any local essential news, so stopped.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2012, 09:59:49 am »
Running a radio station is incredibly time-consuming and very hard work, going well beyond simply being a decent presenter.  The legislation covering public broadcasting is immense and you need a team of presenters, producers, engineers, cleaners, general office staff, not to mention accountants, solicitors, and advertising and publicity managers.  It's a very big task, and not one you can undertake lightly, or even as volunteers, entirely.  Add  to that the fact that advertising revenue has plummeted for all commercial broadcasters in the past five years and you'd need to be very brave to take it on.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2012, 10:52:08 am »
Tudno FM isn't allowed to run adverts, so has no real revenues. How can it be sustainable over the longer term?

The argument could be made that the Forum provides a far better interaction with the local community, with well over 9,000 visitors last month alone.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »
My youngest is on Tudno FM at 1pm today...The band is called Engage the Enemy and they're having an interview then playing a song live.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 03:34:58 pm »
Tudno FM isn't allowed to run adverts, so has no real revenues. How can it be sustainable over the longer term?

I don't see how it can.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 12:00:44 am »
Mrs Fester listens to Tudno FM in the kitchen whilst cooking.
Purely because of the decent mix of music they play.

I think the Forum deserves a grant from WAG for approx £200m.
Did I mention that I bought a 51% stake in this Forum earlier this year?  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -