Author Topic: Wales Rally GB 2013  (Read 9053 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Wales Rally GB 2013
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:35:49 pm »
Just been exploring my options for this event and noticed this on the event website.

Anyone venturing up the Great Orme on the day ought to bear these costs in mind before setting off by car or upon foot.

Spectators will be able to park in a car park on the Great Orme itself. There will be a charge made by the landowner (collected on arrival), of £5 per vehicle to park on the field.

Spectators will need to show their tickets before accessing the roads leading to this car park. Spectators not in possession of a valid ticket will be obliged to purchase a Great Orme Special Stage ticket (£15 per adult / £1 per child aged 9-15, children aged 8 or under go free).

Offline Yorkie

Re: Wales Rally GB 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:31:12 pm »
F******g cheek!   >>>

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline MarkJ

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 04:48:26 pm »
How exactly do they intend to close off the Great Orme to walkers?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:58:03 pm »
It's possible, but tricky..
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:59 am »
Not so tricky, Ian, with these powers.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:02 am »
They charged for pedestrian access to the Rally last year but even though Orme residents were given free tickets I can't remember being asked to produce it at any entry points.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 08:45:40 am »
More "would like to be"  Rally drivers going at great speed up the Orme at all hours of day and night  for the next few weeks then if last year is anything to go by.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 06:18:37 pm »
I've probably missed this info as well, by not logging on recently, but can anyone tell me if the council plan to issue passes to allow for cars owned by Orme residents to use Ty Gwyn Road and Old Road which are closed from 08:00 Saturday 16th until late Sunday 17th.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:33 pm »
Sorry entered in error

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 06:39:39 pm »
I've probably missed this info as well, by not logging on recently, but can anyone tell me if the council plan to issue passes to allow for cars owned by Orme residents to use Ty Gwyn Road and Old Road which are closed from 08:00 Saturday 16th until late Sunday 17th.

Also what about people visiting their relatives buried in the Orme Cemetaries?   :rage:
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:27 pm »
If the rally cars are staying overnight in Deeside on Saturday, 16 November and are not due back in Llandudno until after 2pm on Sunday, 17 November, I wonder why Mostyn Street will need to be closed from 8pm on Saturday evening until nearly midnight on Sunday?

http://www.walesrallygb.com/images/content/Route_1.4_National_2_Day_(1_October).pdf

ROAD CLOSURES LLANDUDNO

Between the hours of 20:00 on 16 and 23:59 on 17 November 2013

MOSTYN STREET, LLANDUDNO

From its junction with Carlton Roundabout to its junction with North Western Gardens

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 07:08:09 am »
I wonder if the NWPolice will have the arrive Alive van out?  They could make a fortune!   :D
Cicero

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 11:10:02 am »
I called in at the council offices this morning and enquired about access passes. Apparently they and two free passes to the Rally were sent out to Orme residents in the post,  but mine and some of the other residents houses (they had rung up with the same query) on Llwynon Road were not registered on their database. The lady from marketing supplied me with the access passes and tickets while i was there. Interesting to see if my Council Tax continues to be taken out or if I've I disappeared off that database as well. Some Hope!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 11:31:32 am »
I have just visited Venue Cymru to enquire about purchasing a £15 ticket for the Great Orme Special Stage on Sunday afternoon.

After asking a couple of VC individuals, I eventually found the Wales Rally GB desk hidden away under the stairs near the Arena.                            .

Unfortunately, I was unable to purchase a £15 ticket from them as they only sell a One Day Ticket for Sunday and that is for all the stages on Sunday at a cost of £33 which did not interest me.

I also asked if the £15 would include return transportation from Bodafon Fields again like it did last year but those individuals on the desk had no idea about that.

I do not think they were 'locals' which I suppose is not going to help over the next few days.

The good news is they told me I can pay £15 when I arrive on the Great Orme and this cost will also include parking for one car (£5) and a programme (£7.50).

I wonder if credit and debit cards will be acceptable !!

£15 does not sound too bad if it includes parking and a programme but I am not convinced the information I have been given is entirely correct.

However, I do not fancy queuing up that steep hill up the Great Orme on Sunday to find out exactly what I shall get for my £15 so I am beginning to seriously consider just going to watch the ceremonial finish which will be free.

We have not heard much from DVT and Craigydonian on this subject but, hopefully, one of them may welcome my feedback and help provide us with more information.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »
Holy Trinity Church car park will be closed from late Saturday evening (16/11) to late Sunday evening (17/11). The only exception will be for those attending the Sunday morning services when access for cars will be through the rear entrance.