Re: Cars
« Reply #555 on: January 10, 2016, 01:29:25 pm »
A couple of the more unusual ones !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #556 on: January 11, 2016, 11:54:11 am »
Nice photos Nemesis, hope that everyone enjoyed the rally.    I had a flame coloured Clubman and enjoyed driving it, until it finally gave up the ghost at 142K  miles and went to the scrapheap

Offline Hugo

« Reply #557 on: February 27, 2016, 09:26:29 am »
I saw the car in Criccieth and the old tractor at the end of our walk in Llanystumdwy

Offline hollins

« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2016, 12:51:37 pm »
Was it Bosun that was interested in a new Jaguar? I am passing through Geneva airport and there are lots of fancy cars on show ahead of the Geneva motor show starting tomorrow.

Offline hollins

« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2016, 12:54:24 pm »
Second pic.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #560 on: March 03, 2016, 09:25:14 am »
I was reading about the new Jag F-Pace in Autocar recently; looks like it may be a real winner. Shame about the name though!

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #561 on: March 03, 2016, 10:09:43 am »
Shame about the name though!

I prefer it to the Bentley Bentayga!
What were they thinking when they came up with that???
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:35 am »
I prefer it to the Bentley Bentayga!
What were they thinking when they came up with that???
It is pretty silly! I assume it's pronounced ben - tay - gah?

Offline Lyndylou

« Reply #563 on: March 10, 2016, 10:47:04 am »

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »
Petrol prices are set to rise but there are still ways to cut costs at the forecourt

Motorists have been warned that the period of lower fuel prices is over after the cost of petrol rose last month for the first time since July 2015.
Experts said the 3.4p per litre (ppl) rise in average pump prices to 105p was a result of oil reaching 40 US dollars a barrel for the first time since early December.

The report by the RAC found that around £1.84 was added to the cost of filling up an average 55-litre car with unleaded.
Diesel forecourt prices increased by 3.7ppl to 105p despite the wholesale price only rising by 1.5p, according to the motoring organisation's analysis.
The RAC claimed this indicates that retailers are either using the lower diesel wholesale cost to subsidise the price of petrol or using it as a means of increasing their profit margin.
MORE   http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/petrol-prices-set-rise-still-11138924

Offline SteveH

« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2016, 12:25:23 pm »
I was not going to bother posting this article, but then noticed in this breakdown, that Conwy has the cheapest fuel in Wales.

Motorists have been warned that the period of lower fuel prices is over after the cost of petrol rose last month for the first time since July 2015.

Experts said the 3.4p per litre (ppl) rise in average pump prices to 105p was a result of oil reaching 40 US dollars a barrel for the first time since early December.
WalesOnline has researched petrol pricing figures collated by database website PetrolPrices.com , revealing the cheapest price of petrol per litre in each county in Wales.

PetrolPrices say they have petrol prices for more than 10,000 stations and receive around 8,000 daily updates to ensure their data is accurate.
Figures for the different petrol stations have been updated at various times over the past week, with the below prices being what was stated on the website on Tuesday evening.
The cheapest petrol per litre in Conwy can be found at Asda Llandudno Automat, at 99.7p.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/here-cheapest-places-petrol-wales-11143261

Offline Hugo

« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »
Tellytubby saw this Land Rover which looked in really good condition so he took the photo of it today.    We also came across this sporty looking Honda

Offline SteveH

« Reply #567 on: April 14, 2016, 01:22:16 pm »
Watch North Wales' worst driving .... caught on camera
You've seen North Wales' worst parking, but the region's roads are no strangers to some horrendous driving.
From dodgy overtakes on country lanes, people reading maps while motoring along, to cars driving the wrong way down the A55 - all of them have been caught on camera.
With the increase in the number of people fitting their cars with dashcams, more incidents of terrible driving are being recorded than ever before.

Here is a round up of some of the worst    http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/watch-north-wales-worst-driving-11172720

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2016, 10:12:39 pm »
At certain times some tourist visitors are bad, but all year long the worst drivers I see are taxi drivers.  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

« Reply #569 on: April 28, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »
Rallying cost talks stall with Natural Resources Wales.
Concerns have been raised about rallying in Wales' forests as the sport's governing body said new costs sought by Natural Resources Wales (NRW) would be "unworkable".
The Motor Sports Association (MSA) has agreed deals in England and Scotland but talks are continuing in Wales.
NRW said it had to recover its costs.
Former British rallying champion Gwyndaf Evans said he was concerned racing could become "prohibitively expensive" in Wales.
"If these increases happen... there's a danger that rallying may have to stop in Wales," he said.
"And that would be a tragic loss to all the competitors but also all the suppliers throughout the sport and to tourism in Wales."
MORE   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36157246