Author Topic: Cars  (Read 271324 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Cars
« Reply #540 on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:49 pm »
And you're spot on. I have distinct misgivings about Which? and its current methodologies and tactics.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2015, 10:18:05 am »
It's a DKW Munga, I think?? Built by Auto Union between 1956 and 1968.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DKW_Munga

Came across this old Audi in Deganwy today.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #542 on: October 16, 2015, 05:30:01 pm »
http://cars.aol.co.uk/2015/10/12/four-more-carmakers-found-to-make-diesel-cars-that-exceed-emissi/
I notice these were all in Ian's list claiming innocence, so how do they explain the difference in their figures?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: October 16, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »
Indeed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #544 on: October 26, 2015, 11:01:42 am »
Lamborghini posing noisily in Spiez yesterday!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #545 on: October 26, 2015, 11:35:58 am »
My Spitfire has been away having lots done to it, should be coming home soon! Mine is the one without the red nose , that one is a works Le Mans Spitfire that belongs to my friend.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #546 on: October 26, 2015, 05:10:06 pm »
Lovely to see the Spitfires. We got married over 40 yrs ago and we went off on honeymoon in one!
I have found a couple of old pics,which I will try to attach.
The wire wheels set it off well, but I never was too happy cornering in it!
I had forgotten it had a (then) fashionable tank aerial. I kept that and it went on a variety  of
later cars. One year a mk4 Cortina I had was buried in a snowdrift near Bodrhyddan. Had it not been for the
aerial the snow plough would have driven straight into the back of the car. I have never seen snow like it
I would love to see a pic! Typically I didn't have a camera with me!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #547 on: October 26, 2015, 06:28:01 pm »
Nice! Yours was a mk3 Spitfire, you are right about the wire wheels, not very strong at all, mine had them when I bought it but I removed them!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #548 on: December 15, 2015, 12:37:34 pm »
Xmas gift idea?

Offline hollins

« Reply #549 on: December 20, 2015, 07:32:37 pm »
Lego to the real thing!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #550 on: December 26, 2015, 04:21:50 pm »
Wirral to Llandudno Mini Run. Jan 10th 2016. ^*^0
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline squiggle

« Reply #551 on: December 26, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »
Lego to the real thing!

Thinking toys/models, I bought a couple of my brothers models that run on salt water for Christmas. This type of thing:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/4x4-Salt-Water-Engine-Car/dp/B008TMW7HU/ref=zg_bs_364199031_1

Here's a link to a real one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quant_E

Offline Hugo

« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2015, 10:17:16 pm »
Very nice motor, fingers crossed that my Euro lottery numbers will come up tonight.       ;D

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2016, 10:30:38 pm »
The search for a new car for Mrs B still continues, but we are in no real hurry. We test drove the Jaguar XF, a big disappointment in all senses of the word. Although we booked a test drive weeks in advance, categorically stating that we did NOT want to test the R Sport, yes, when we did arrive for the test drive, they only had an R Sport; the salesman on his day off had taken the other demonstrator that we wanted to test! We did however take the R Sport out and were decidedly unimpressed; we understood why the salesman had taken the Portfolio version, the wind and road noise on the R Sport was excessive, the ride uncomfortable and bits of the interior decidedly 'low rent', as was the Jaguar dealer experience, which puts us off the forth-coming F-Pace. We test drove a Lexus RX200 hybrid, a space age machine, heated and cooled seats, every conceivable extra. 50 mpg plus around town on mainly the electric motor, but then on the motorway, down to 20 - 30 something mpg and a dreadfully sluggish uptake, like driving through treacle, but the worst thing was the solid unforgiving hardness of the ride, drive over a 10p piece and you could tell if it was heads or tails. Mrs B was unimpressed by the Mercs, she previously had Merc coupe which she loved but she found the present crop uninspiring. The most impressive car so far? The VW Touareg, nicely built, luxury, good driving position and excellent ride, and she can get her golfist bats in the boot. But, - hold the front page - there's a new, bigger Tiguan coming, with modern technology and 217bhp. Now, that might be worth waiting for.   
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2016, 01:27:16 pm »
Minis... as far as the eye can see.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.