Author Topic: Cars  (Read 271402 times)

Offline Mikethewatch

Re: Cars
« Reply #480 on: April 25, 2015, 09:22:17 pm »
You can get problems with these roofs, but we could be lucky! After the medical problems of the last 12 months we just think, go for it! 😎

My brother has one of these cars and the only time he's had a problem with the roof was when his wife forgot the boot was full of shopping when opening it, £1500 to sort it out!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2015, 09:37:02 pm »
Should be impossible to open the roof unless a screen in the boot is pulled across, it is on my Focus anyway.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2015, 11:23:51 pm »
Unless the micro switch is stuck on of course as his was !

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #483 on: April 26, 2015, 08:33:17 am »
Ours stuck half way up....................twice. It took over 2 hours for help to come and it was a bad day.Rather put us off !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: April 29, 2015, 04:07:29 pm »
Conwy three-wheeler stars with Liverpool FC stars in advert
13:08, 28 April 2015
By Mari Jones

A humble three-wheeler from North Wales has found fame by appearing alongside three football stars in a TV advert.

The Nivea advert, which took two days to film in a Liverpool multi-storey car park, stars footballers Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling and Simon Mignolet - and a Reliant Rialto from Rhos on Sea.

The Liverpool FC players are seen embarking on a dash to get to an awards show after failing to keep track of time.

They eventually track down a supporter who offers to help his heroes by giving them a lift in his three-wheel Reliant Rialto.

The blue Reliant, which is worth an estimated £3,000, is owned by classic car enthusiast Andy Jones.

He said: “There’s a Facebook page for Reliant owners and somebody had posted that they were looking for a blue Reliant Rialto for a TV advert.

“My car was put on the back of a truck and taken to the set in Liverpool. They filmed it in a multi-storey car park in the city at the end of January.

“My car was then taken to Nivea’s headquarters in Birmingham, and also had a day out to promote the campaign outside Anfield.

“The bloke who took my car said the players liked it, and I think they had a lot of fun filming it.

“I suppose they’ve also got Lamborghinis parked up at home.”

Andy admits he is not a football fan, and wouldn’t have recognised any of the players featured in the advert.

“To me, football is like watching paint dry,” he said.

“My wife and I are massively into old cars.

“But, when I got the car back, it was covered in LFC stickers and had mini models of the players in the ad. I’ve kept it all, so it should generate quite a bit of interest when we go to vintage car shows this summer.”

Two of the car’s past owners have now contacted Andy, desperately wanting to buy the car back.

He said: “I’m not selling it. We go out in it quite a lot and, even before the ad, people would bypass other posh cars to come and have a chat about ours.

“My friends tell me they’ve seen the ad on Sky and ITV, and the car is beginning to get recognised.

“A guy came to fix our conservatory roof and, when he spotted the Reliant, he got really excited. A bloke who was mowing the lawn next door said, ‘I recognise that car’.

“It’s a bit of fun, and perhaps the car is worth more than £3,000 now.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conwy-three-wheeler-stars-liverpool-fc-9136424

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #485 on: April 29, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »
I understand that the owner of the Reliant had a photographer from Liverpool arrive this morning taking lots of pics! Seems that the Reliant and the owner will appear in the national press!  8)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #487 on: April 29, 2015, 11:13:55 pm »
For the money yes! Problem  is I have never had any interest in football! Liverpool fans seem to love a certain  blue three wheeler though!   D)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2015, 11:03:17 am »
It's made the front page of the NWWN today so I can see Andy's name now appearing in the "Celeb Spotting" section of the forum.       ;D

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2015, 01:10:44 pm »
If  I spot him anywhere I will let you know! 😎

Offline hollins

« Reply #490 on: April 30, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »
I have met him a few times. I wish I had asked for his autograph now!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #491 on: April 30, 2015, 01:34:50 pm »
We had a great day out on Sunday  when we took our classic Jaguar to Mike Brewer's garage in Sheffield, Mike was there with  Edd China, they both make the TV show Wheeler Dealers. It was a day when anyone could take their classic car along. It was a great day, both very chatty with some  great car stories!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #492 on: April 30, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »
Big Edd!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #493 on: April 30, 2015, 01:37:51 pm »
Er indoors with Mike.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #494 on: April 30, 2015, 02:51:26 pm »
We had a great day out on Sunday  when we took our classic Jaguar to Mike Brewer's garage in Sheffield, Mike was there with  Edd China, they both make the TV show Wheeler Dealers. It was a day when anyone could take their classic car along. It was a great day, both very chatty with some  great car stories!

I love that show, even watch all the repeats on Discovery/Discovery Turbo.
They both seem genuinely nice guys & always willing to talk 'cars'.
Glad you had a great day & I'm very jealous!
Valar Morghulis