Author Topic: Cars  (Read 271499 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Cars
« Reply #765 on: April 14, 2019, 03:29:14 pm »
I regret not taking a photo of the building as it was a beautiful old stone building and there must have been at least 5 bays like that.   You wouldn't be working in it today A Muse as it's bitterly cold.
Where my brother lives it's 41C today so I don't know what would be worse, the heat or the cold

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #766 on: April 19, 2019, 09:38:27 am »
Cars and Coffee on the Prom.
1st meeting of this year,  this Sunday morning, by the Cayley Prom café.
Shall we see you there? clappinghappy
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline A.Muse

« Reply #767 on: April 19, 2019, 10:14:11 am »
Is there a meet next month? We will be in N. Wales from our home in the Eastern flatlands, and would love to have a look even if we are not in one of our old MG's   
You don't know what you don't know until you find out that you didn't know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #768 on: April 19, 2019, 11:51:04 am »
Yes--- there is a meeting on the 3rd Sunday of every month, same place, all summer There are a variety of vehicles there, some old, like our 50 year old Moggie Minor , some newer and some quite 'hairy beasts ' ! $cofffee$ Good coffee and snacks at the kiosk nearest to Rhos.

Offline Gavel

« Reply #769 on: April 19, 2019, 12:14:05 pm »
Thanks for the mention Nemesis. The May event is on the 19th. You should mark your calendar for June 16 too - Father's Day, It promises to be a really special one, but I can't give any more information just yet.  +}}{-- I always advertise CCOTP on this forum's events pages. See you on Sunday!
Regards
Gavel

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #770 on: April 19, 2019, 02:47:14 pm »
Sounds interesting ! Hope to be there on Sunday. *cycle*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #771 on: June 04, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »
After having a coffee morning in the Queens Hotel today I popped out to have a look at the cars in the Three Castles Trial that were parked on the promenade near to the hotel
There were a lot of very nice vehicles there, shame about the weather but the cars still attracted many admirers

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #772 on: June 04, 2019, 02:42:36 pm »
  $cool$            I'll let you have first pick, 8)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #773 on: June 04, 2019, 06:11:54 pm »
I would be quite happy with any of them Steve.     It was a great turnout and I wish that I could have spent more time just looking at them.       

Offline SteveH

« Reply #774 on: June 05, 2019, 12:21:31 pm »
Talk of a petrol price war, Asda  reducing price by 3p from tomorrow, others will follow, if you can wait a few days before filling.....  :D

Offline SteveH

« Reply #775 on: June 06, 2019, 10:41:44 am »
Attention all getaway drivers, worried about those stingers ?    ........    :o

THE AIRLESS PROTOTYPE UPTIS: A NEW STEP TOWARDS SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY

UPTIS stands for Unique Puncture-proof Tire System.
UPTIS’s airless technology makes its impervious to flats and blowouts.

Uptis is an assembled airless wheel structure technology made accessible to passenger vehicles, which offers many advantages.
http://public.adyoulike.com.s3.amazonaws.com/michelin_beta/prototype/michelin/index.html

Offline DVT

« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2019, 07:06:57 pm »
This seems an obvious way to go as more and more new cars do not have spare tyre - I dread getting a puncture in mine - the foam may well; work for a small hole (e.g. a nail) bit won;t cope with a tear, so that would mean I am stuck (often in the middle of nowehere and no phone signal!).  Hopefully the wear rate will be reasonable, although I suspect price might not be!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #777 on: June 07, 2019, 08:09:09 am »
I remember the Dunlop Denovo in the '70s being touted as the answer to punctures but it never really took off, since run-flat tyres can't (or couldn't) cope with side-wall punctures. Wonder if this one can?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #778 on: June 08, 2019, 02:41:36 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dbiq2rD7I8                       ))*              $booboo$                                   

Offline SteveH

« Reply #779 on: June 10, 2019, 06:50:57 pm »
A couple of beautiful vintage cars passed the house today , I just managed a glimpse, and thought some of the Three Castle competitors had stayed on for a few extra days ,  Mrs H just spotted on FB's Llandudno page, (photos) that the Vintage Lagonda car club were on the prom and the top of the great Orme this afternoon, along with other models, sorry I missed them, anyone manage to see the display ?
 Photo by John Hume snr. FB