Author Topic: Help wanted: Computers  (Read 174930 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Help wanted: Computers
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2018, 10:32:03 pm »
You know me Rhuddlan, I don't like change especially on computers but Windows 10 updates my computer whether I like it or not so I have no control on that.
When it happened the whole screen changed to a pale background with these multi coloured vertical lines all over it and I couldn't see any buttons on the screen let alone use them
Next time I'm on the computer at night and it happens I will exit it by pressing the silver button and  go to bed

Anyway what are you doing on the forum when you should be relaxing in the sunshine on that island?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2019, 08:51:25 am »
For uses of any Microsoft software it's worth noting that EU legal judgements now treat the accompanying licence key as property that can be bought and sold like other lawfully acquired possessions. That. of course, is not the judgement that Microsoft wanted. They’d prefer to force purchasers of second hand media to buy new keys, but that is now illegal under EU law.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #452 on: September 02, 2019, 11:14:33 am »
One of our members has some brand new and unused Canon Pixma MG 5150 ink cartridges. If anyone can use them let me know in this topic and we can take it from there.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #453 on: September 09, 2019, 01:11:35 pm »
One of our members has some brand new and unused Canon Pixma MG 5150 ink cartridges. If anyone can use them let me know in this topic and we can take it from there.

Just a reminder to what Ian has posted.       I had a Canon Pixma MG 5150 printer but it went kaput just after I had ordered 5 new in cartridges so the cartridges are no use to me now.

The Canon cartridges are CLI-526 and one is CLI-525.   and can be used in some other 5 cartridge Canon Pixma printers.      The inks are new and unopened so if any forum member can use them they are welcome to them and can have them for free

If any one can use them then please send a PM to either Ian or myself and we can arrange for them to be picked up.   

Offline mull

« Reply #454 on: September 19, 2019, 10:54:24 am »
A while ago I said I would send a copy of an article on the Kinmel Camp railway branch that was printed in the Back Track Magazine.

For some reason I can not get into scan. In the past I have just pressed the Printer button and a menu came up,easy, no problem.
Now all I get is a panel asking me if I want to install an app that will make changes to my hard drive. Very reluctant to do this .
Every couple of weeks Windows 10 keeps making updates and every time it seems to cause problems . Why do they need to do this when everything is working fine ?

Any sugestions please for me to get into scanning ?

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #455 on: June 23, 2020, 12:16:59 pm »
Hi,
My walking friend Hugo has asked me to put a message
On the forum to say his computer is broken and he cannot therefore access the forum or reply to emails etc at this time.
Thanks.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #456 on: June 23, 2020, 12:24:31 pm »
Thanks for that, I was thinking of putting a post in "Missing persons", give him our best.

Offline mull

« Reply #457 on: June 24, 2020, 09:53:18 am »
Wish Hugo all the best from me. I sent him an email the other day wondering if he was OK.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #458 on: June 24, 2020, 08:32:28 pm »
I am ok and keeping safe and well and hope that you are too.   The IT guy is coming here on Monday so I hope that he can sort my laptop out.    One good thing is that I saved everything on a separate hard drive so I have not lost anything this time
I have used Mrs H  tablet and it is driving me nuts so I will not be posting much until Monday

Offline SteveH

« Reply #459 on: June 25, 2020, 10:17:19 am »
I am ok and keeping safe and well and hope that you are too.   The IT guy is coming here on Monday so I hope that he can sort my laptop out.    One good thing is that I saved everything on a separate hard drive so I have not lost anything this time
I have used Mrs H  tablet and it is driving me nuts so I will not be posting much until Monday

Hugo, Good to hear you are OK, and it is only your computer........... keep taking the ... tablet.    ;)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #460 on: December 24, 2020, 04:12:13 pm »
Help 

Offline SteveH

« Reply #461 on: April 09, 2021, 09:54:20 am »
I felt really old this morning  :(

A VIRTUAL reality suite for Esports costing £120,000 has been installed at Coleg Llandrillo’s Rhos-on-Sea campus.

The college has started to offer an A level equivalent qualification in Esports. Learners will be taught this course within the virtual reality suite.

Esports are a type of competition using video games. It often takes the form of multiplayer competitions, particularly between professional players, individually or as teams.

A spokesperson for Coleg Llandrillo said: “As competitive video games continue to integrate into popular culture, total Esports’ viewership is expected to leap from 454 million in 2019 to 646 million in 2023, per insider intelligence estimates.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19218434.learn-esport-expert-rhos-on-sea-college/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline mull

« Reply #462 on: January 10, 2024, 06:24:41 pm »
Got a problem with my Laptop.

Unable to receive or send BT Emails            Screen shows-------  No Attachment Found.
Everything I have tried will not change it.

BT Emails are still coming and going on our mobile.

Anyone know how to fix this please ?