Members' Lounge > Help Centre

Help wanted: Computers

(1/93) > >>

Ian:
Post tips and tricks in this topic

DaveR:
Tip No.1 - Internet Explorer is utter rubbish. Use Firefox instead.

Ian:
Macrium Reflect (http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp).

I'm told by Windows-owning friends that this little free prog will save you a lot of heartache. Apparently, it creates a bootable image file of your HD for those awkward moments when you pick up a Trojan, or for when the latest little irritant - a pop-up window that appears repeatedly with neither rhyme nor reason - strikes your computer.

Ian:
I'd also second Dave's sage comment above: on any machine, always use Firefox or Safari or Opera or - in short - anything other than Internet Explorer.

Mind you:  Firefox does have one rather amusing shortcoming: its own spell checker doesn't recognise the word 'Firefox'...

Yorkie:
I have been using Internet Explorer for years and years and I do not have any problems with it whatsoever.  I have tried Firefox and Safari but still prefer to stick with IE which I shall do until I have problems.     ;)

Like all other software it is constantly being updated so bugs get sorted before they even appear.  )*)&

I have found one major conflict between Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG.  They don't seem to be able to live together on the same PC.    >>>

One program I find well worth the investment is System Mechanic which keeps everything on the PC in order.   I run the whole clean up operation each week and it keeps everything running smoothly.    ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version