Author Topic: National Health Service  (Read 98284 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: National Health Service
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:37 pm »
   Just got into the dentist thread. I'm an NHS patient. About six years ago the only dentist I could get was in Prestatyn. Went there, a polish lady, told her trouble i.e. toothache with one of my teeth. O.K. gone to far for fillings. Have to extract.
   Seemed to be taking a long time. Eventually she said thats finished. There you are, all bad. There alongside my head were 3 teeth. Oh. Not a lot I can do now, like cutting down a tree without planning consent. All in a row.
  Went back 12 months later for a routine inspection with the same lady. She looked briefly, and then said "they are all very old and very bad. They all need to come out." Me "ALL OF THEM?"   
   Yes. Make an appointment when you feel ready.
   Well I still had a reasonable mouthful of teeth, probably about 8 gone over the years. So I wasn't very happy,. By chance I managed to get into another dentists in Rhyl. So I transferred. Initial inspection and chat. Told him I had had a bit of general toothache.
   His advice. I will give you a prescription for a mouthwash. Use this for 4 weeks and come back to me. I went back, toothache gone. O.K. he said, see you in 6 months.
   I couldn't help myself. I told him a qualified dentist just up the road had said all out. He didn't really comment, just said there are different methods of treatment.
   I'm still going to Rhyl every year or so. Thats about five years. The same number of teeth and touch wood no toothache.
    How can two qualified dentists come up with such different treatments?

It's disgusting isn't it?  And not at all amusing.
You don't get any more teeth, and people generally go along with what so called 'professionals' advise.
So many of them have a flagrant disregard for the quality of an individual's life.
The inconsistency beggars belief.
How would they like it if a member of their family was treated in this way?

Just to add my rant to this.............. I have been 'mucking about' with an aching tooth for 3 months, so to cut  long story short 9 weeks ago I had a very big and painful filling done. 3 weeks ago it started to be very painful, so on the Monday morning I was on the doorstep of the dentist. Antibiotics, then an extraction she said, but it will be a while before I can find a 20 minute appointment. One was duly booked for yesterday, on the understanding that if they got a cancellation they would ring me. Yesterday arrived, so did I, 10 mins early, then waited over an hour to actually get into the chair. People were getting up and leaving they were so fed up of waiting, but I stuck it out. I actually left the place over 2 hours after I entered it. How long did the extraction take? Less than 2 minutes. Oh and the antibiotics made me itch unbearably !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2016, 05:13:57 pm »
'I had to ring 999 from Glan Clwyd hospital toilets because no-one responded to my alarm call'    &shake&    &shake&

A sick man who lay in agony on a hospital toilet floor for nearly half had to ring 999 because no-one was answering his cries for help.
Arthur Debney had been frantically pulling on the alarm cord in the bathroom in the emergency ward at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd after falling in there.

But when nobody responded to the alarm or his shouts for help for up to half an hour, he phoned the emergency services.
Mr Debney, 65, told the operator what had happened and the call handler got in touch with the hospital.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/i-ring-999-glan-clwyd-11855792

Offline hollins

« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »
This is in my view a shocking story.
My neighbour fell from some steps on the afternoon of 4 September.
He was taken to Glan Clwyd hospital with his leg broken in two places below the knee and also some damage below the knee.
No one at Glan Clwyd was able to perform the operation.
A temporary scaffold was built around his leg with bars on the outside but he is in constant pain.
He is still there and will be there until next week when he will be taken to Liverpool hospital where there is a surgeon prepared to operate.
Last week he was taken to Liverpool by ambulance to have a consultation with the surgeon and then returned the same day to Glan Clwyd.
A frightening story.......how can things have got as bad as this?

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2016, 08:12:01 pm »
Tories and hidden privatisation
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »
That's a shocking example by any standard Hollins and I hope that it's not going to be the norm from now on.    I think that there is some truth in what you say Quiggs.

Offline alw

« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »
Tories and hidden privatisation

In the Labour run Welsh NHS
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2017, 01:16:51 pm »
New report backs calls for North Wales medical school
Welsh Government says a decision over medical education and training in North Wales will be announced in the coming weeks.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/new-report-backs-calls-north-13018742

Betsi Cadwaladr health chief hopeful on improvement deadline.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39794259

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2017, 08:49:23 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/23/seven-day-nhs-labour-demands-inquiry-as-leak-reveals-crisis-warning?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=187165&subid=7995213&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Further evidence of the lies and deceit of Jeremy Hunt. However, the Labour Party, sadly in complete disarray led by a complete disaster of a leader cannot bring their full weight to bear to bring Hunt to account. It's a sickening situation (excuse the pun), like many other issues that the Tories will be able to get away with  that will not be efficiently opposed because Corbyn has turned the Parliamentary Labour Party into the political equivalent of a train crash.

Bosun I also hear a juggling ball shop is about to open in Conwy  D)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2017, 08:54:39 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/23/seven-day-nhs-labour-demands-inquiry-as-leak-reveals-crisis-warning?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=187165&subid=7995213&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Further evidence of the lies and deceit of Jeremy Hunt. However, the Labour Party, sadly in complete disarray led by a complete disaster of a leader cannot bring their full weight to bear to bring Hunt to account. It's a sickening situation (excuse the pun), like many other issues that the Tories will be able to get away with  that will not be efficiently opposed because Corbyn has turned the Parliamentary Labour Party into the political equivalent of a train crash.

Bosun I also hear a juggling ball shop is about to open in Conwy  D)

If Corbyn could get rid of Hunt, I'd submit my CV and apply to be manager.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2017, 11:37:00 am »
New report backs calls for North Wales medical school
Welsh Government says a decision over medical education and training in North Wales will be announced in the coming weeks.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/new-report-backs-calls-north-13018742

After the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Well-being and Sport dismissed the case for a medical school  in North Wales.....
The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges Calls for More Doctors to Work in Wales.
http://businessnewswales.com/medical-school-places-wales-needed/

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2017, 04:15:02 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/04/charlie-gard-medic-derides-soap-opera-that-stoked-abuse-of-hospital

This sad and unpleasant affair is a perfect example of what I meant by 'unrealistic expections' and has significantly hurt the NHS both financially and in the credability of treatment.

The only winners were, once again, leeches in the legal profession.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2017, 02:57:18 pm »
North Wales facing GP 'recruitment crisis' leading doctor warns
Dr Eamonn Jessup says there is a 'dwindling ability' to replace or retain doctors putting practices under threat

Dr Jessup, the chairman the North Wales Local Medical Committee which represents local GPs, says Wrexham is the worst affected county with coastal towns like Conwy and Colwyn Bay and parts of rural Gwynedd not far behind.

The loss of GPs was being exacerbated by an inability to find replacements: “At the heart of all this is a dwindling ability to retain GPs in North Wales, many of whom are leaving the profession prematurely by reason of retirement, resignation or emigration.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gp-surgeries-recruitment-crisis-jessup-13453024

Offline SteveH

« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2017, 10:41:08 am »
I do not like this decision, first a ward closed, now this, I think it's time to start raising our voices, I will be contacting Councillors etc.

Medical cover removed from Llandudno minor injury unit.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/home/2017/10/11/gallery/medical-cover-pulled-from-llandudno-minor-injury-unit-97080/

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2017, 10:51:16 am »
"However North Wales Community Health Council chief officer Geoff Ryall-Harvey said people shouldn’t worry about these changes describing them as ‘fairly normal’.

Mr Ryall-Harvey said: “I don’t think people should be worried, the nurses are properly trained staff."

Absolute codswallop

If that's true then we can get rid of Doctors all together then can we?

All about blurring the boundaries of job description but still paying the lesser wage - a classic Tory trick the health bosses are using.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2017, 03:28:38 pm »
 &shake& &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -