Author Topic: National Health Service  (Read 23608 times)

Ian

• Administrator
Re: National Health Service
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mrs R has an appointment time and date for her scan so I phoned the hospital in accordance with these instructions only to be informed Mrs R has to wait until AFTER she has had her scan before phoning to make an appointment.

Regardless what this letter says, there was no way the Orthopaedic Department would provide us with an appointment.

It is not just about a lack of funds as to why BCUHB is still in special measures !!

I would be inclined to send that to the Daily Post, Bri, but it's not the first example of departmental incongruity I've seen.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
The scan appointment is next Tuesday. Ian, so Mrs R is not too bothered especially after waiting 21 months for her hip replacement during 2016-17.

Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »
I just wanted to say, after being in the care of Ysbyty Gwynedd and Glan Clwyd for the last 18 months for an ongoing medical issue, how fabulous the vast majority of the people in our NHS are.
That said, if you are on a waiting list for any kind of scan, operation or procedure, let the secretaries know that you can be available at any time.
Ask to be put on the cancellations list if you can.  This has served me well, without jumping the queue in any way at all.  It’s simply filling slots and using resources as efficiently as possible.
Its not an exaggeration to say that it can save your life.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2019, 03:45:04 PM »
That's good advise Fester and thanks very much for sharing it with us all.    I hope that your medical care has helped you greatly

SteveH

• Newshound
Park and ride at Glan Clwyd Hospital to end 30 June
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »
A HOSPITAL's park and ride service which is used by thousands of patients will come to a halt at the end of this month.

The scheme, which operates from the former Hotpoint factory site in Bodelwyddan to Glan Clwyd Hospital, was introduced in October 2014 to help ease parking pressures and traffic congestion while redevelopment work went on at the hospital.
The service will stop running on June 30.

The land - where the park and ride operates from - was leased initially for a period of 18 months, with an option to review the contract annually thereafter.
It is understood the contract for the land terminates at the end of the month.

Rod Taylor, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB)'s Director of Estates and Facilities, said: “The Park and Ride service was introduced as a way of easing parking pressures at Glan Clwyd Hospital while spaces were lost due to the redevelopment project.

“A temporary site licence has been agreed with the current site owners and the present arrangement is in place until June 30 2019.

“There is no doubt the service has been well used and has been a success in mitigating the pressures on parking spaces while the redevelopment work has been taking place."

The health board have always maintained the service was always meant to temporary.

Mr Taylor added: "Since the Park and Ride service went live, Glan Clwyd Hospital has seen the creation of an additional 149 car park spaces at the rear of the hospital site. Furthermore, additional parking areas have been returned back into service as contractor’s compound areas are vacated on site.

“We will be carrying out a review of travel arrangements on site over the coming months to assess at the long-term plan for parking on site at the hospital.

"This review would help us determine the long-term parking needs on site, so that we have a sustainable solution to improving people’s access to services on site."    ref Pioneer