Author Topic: GP surgery  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Minime

GP surgery
« on: September 28, 2013, 11:17:22 pm »
Can I have the lowdown on the local GPs in CB please?
We rarely use them so if we do we're pretty desperate by the time we ring so looking for one that usually has same/next day appointments if they still exist...

Do you know any specific GPs with knowledge of aspergers/ASD?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: GP surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:32 pm »
   To be fair to the N.H.S. you really should register with a local GP NOW, not when you are in urgent same day need of one.

I don't mean to be nasty here but if everyone expected to have a same day visit without any beforehand registration, the whole system would collapse.   Mike

Offline Minime

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:19:14 pm »
Think you read me wrong.  I plan to register the week we move in.  Im asking about performance and who best to register with as we're not the type to run to the doctor willy nilly so at the point we do need one we're usually desperate!
What im looking for is a good surgery that usually has same or next day appointments not ring on monday for one a week Wednesday

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:07:35 am »
Appointments seem to depend on the basis of need.
My Surgery operate a forward appointment system for routine matters.  Urgent appoinments, normally same day, are available if one phones or calls after 8.30 am.   House calls are also possible.

If matters are really desperate then dial 999 for an Ambulance.

Can't be simpler than that.  Most Surgeries operate the same way.

Also one can use Spire at Abergele if you don't mind coughing up in the monetry sense!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 03:14:20 pm »
The two surgeries my family tend to stay with are in Old Colwyn, Cadwgan Surgery and Rashmi on Wynne Ave, the latter i go to and preferbly see Mrs Bisarya who looked after my childrens health up into adulthood and mine and im still alive ( i suffer Asthma)  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:21 pm »
Think you read me wrong.  I plan to register the week we move in.  Im asking about performance and who best to register with as we're not the type to run to the doctor willy nilly so at the point we do need one we're usually desperate!
What im looking for is a good surgery that usually has same or next day appointments not ring on monday for one a week Wednesday

Whereabouts are you moving from Minime?  Serious question.    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Minime

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
Moving from Cheshire.  Child health clinic already sent appt, that was impressively quick as paediatrician only referred it last week!  No decision on gp although they mentionned 2 surgeries that are merging?

Offline fox34

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 11:05:42 am »
Hello Minime, I may be able to assist you.  I'm a Mum who has been through the NW children's paediatric referral process with my eldest child who has Aspergers.  The community paediatrician he see's Is Doctor Macrith his secretary's number is 01745 443224.  I'm sure if you ring this number they will be happy to give you advice and point you in the right direction.  Best Regards.  If you need any further advice don't hesitate to ask. :)

Offline Minime

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »
Thanks Fox much appreciated