Author Topic: CCBC costs and cutting  (Read 150618 times)

brumbob

Re: CCBC Spending Cutbacks
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 03:45:04 pm »
Imagine over a third of all Llandudno's population disappearing overnight
that's how many of Birmingham Councils workforce are going to lose their jobs.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 04:56:10 pm »
It was only a matter of time. The country has been living way beyond its means for many years.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 08:18:01 pm »
Look at who has joined the ungodly alliance to keep that motley crew at Bodlondeb in power and then, do something about it come the local elections. It is also hoped by this demented writer that our local Tories are a whole lot better organised the next time around because they were certainly caught with there fingers up their bu,,'s the last time around
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 08:45:03 pm »
Maybe an opportune moment to mention that a few eminent local politicians are members of the Forum. Besides the always informative Jason Weyman (Independent), we also have the leader of the Conservative Councillors on Conwy Council, Janet Finch-Saunders, as well as Mike Priestley, Liberal Councillor and Cabinet Member for the Environment.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 12:16:17 am »
Never hear much from them though.... and this IS after all a FORUM!   A place for speaking and addressing the public and ones peers.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 01:12:36 am »
I quite liked that school ma'amish picture I saw of her in the paper.

Very easy on the eye for a politician....  but SHUSSHHHH, she might be listening !!!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2011, 01:23:43 am »
This is one of my favorites of her.  :-*

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 08:38:40 pm »
This is just for anyones information. Some departments of Conwy Council have moved. The department that looks after the business premises owned by the Council has moved from the large building alongside Macdonalds in the Junction to Colwyn Bay. From the same building the Tourist Dept has moved to part of the ground floor in the Library building in Mostyn Street. The property management and asset services dept has moved from the second floor in the Library  to the Government buildings in Dinerth Road in Rhos.  A couple of weeks ago I noticed a large removal van outside the library and men taking in furniture, office equipment etc. presumably to the ground floor. I did'nt bother waiting to see whether or not they later took out furniture, office equipment etc. from the second floor en route to Rhos.  ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENT. I don't want to upset CBC  unsigned

Offline Ian

• Administrator
CCBC: Cuts and cutting
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2013, 11:04:18 am »
Council funds for the next financial year will be cut by more than 5%.  In a response to a BBC inquiry, CCBC said

"Conwy's financial framework for the period 2012 to 2017 highlighted an extremely challenging financial landscape which predicted an annual resource shortfall of around £5m per year for the financial years covered, even after council tax increases of around 5% per year.  Indeed 2014/2015 projected a shortfall of £4.5m with warnings that 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 were likely to be at similar levels ie 'more of the same'."

There are only two options: they raise council tax - again - or they cut services.

This topic is for the TTF members to say which option they think is more suitable and - if the latter - what services ought to be cut.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: CCBC: Cuts and cutting
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2013, 11:28:38 am »
few points to look at , how much is venue cymru losing each year , how much did the council make selling the land on gloddaeth ave [old peoples home ] ,how much did they get for land opp hospital [the new app,s ] £ 7.000 to the alice thing ,spending £ 50 ,000 plus redesigning offices when no call for ,shall we go on, i,m sure others will add other saving wher the don,t have to cut services  :rage:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2013, 11:33:06 am »
The Colwyn Bay skip,they sold the tennis courts opp the hospis,sold the nurseing home on Church walks,it looks like they sold Norm.them to build the skip,that is where the money went

Offline nwpo

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:02 am »
Venue Cymru should have been privatised by now.  There is no need for 5 staff for marketing 4 events in October.

Flintshire are going to remove the subsidy (read - stop paying for the losses) on Clwyd Theatr Cymru, so it's about time that Conwy did as well.  Not to mention the losses on the Tram.

And, just have a look at the amounts that they pay people at the top!

Offline Dave

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »
 No quibble with those at the top getting high salaries if they deserve them but it seems to me they don't otherwise there wouldn't be a budget deficit and the need to cut back due to poor spending decisions.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2013, 12:30:51 pm »
There is a great need for the Council to be more accountable for their lamentable spending decisions.

The overspend on the Bridge over the rail crossing at Maesdu Road,

The colossal waist of money on the Colwyn Bay Skip,

The massive pay out for replacing a Chief Executive falsely accused,

The cost of putting thousands of tons of quarry ballast on the beach which has destroyed the North Shore,

The money being spent on Alice after allowing Penmofa to be pulled down,

The overspend on the Swimming Pool because contracts weren't  negotiated properly,

My list goes on and on but I'm sure you catch my drift.
If CCBC were a private company heads would have rolled but in our Public sector no one is being held accountable, WHY?   

The phrase "Not fit for purpose" comes to mind
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2013, 05:01:22 pm »

There are only two options: they raise council tax - again - or they cut services.

Or as any successful industrial or service company would do . . . .  Reduce overheads, staff, buildings, running costs, and improve productivity with the remaining labour force.

ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero