Author Topic: CCBC costs and cutting  (Read 150430 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: CCBC costs and cutting
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2019, 06:44:03 pm »
The developers of the new CCBC  office have already done very well out of the lease that has been agreed with CCBC  but wouldn't it make sense if the old Civic Centre was sold to the highest bidder and not just to them?
Or have handshakes already done the deal?

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2019, 07:18:42 pm »
 Hugo I would think all the developers and speculators who operate in Conwy County and there seem to be a great number of them must view the area as a gold mine . You cannot believe some of the decisions taken by our councillors  you couldn't make the up , perhaps they are special handshakes .

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2019, 07:41:37 pm »
Isn't it true that our council Gave the civic centre to the developers as a sweetener.

Offline DVT

« Reply #318 on: April 10, 2019, 10:40:22 pm »
As the closing date for submitting the questionairre was Friday 5th and the announcemnent was made yesterday (9th) did that mean council staff worked over the weekend to compile the responses ... or had the decision already been taken that there would be a £30pa charge (I think I know the answer to that).

People I know who completed the form all added the third option of not paying for the facility, carry on as now ... I wonder if statistics will ever be produced to show the results of the responses.

I also asked why there were questions on equality and diversity (whatever that means) - I failed to see how that affected how many bags of grass cuttings are produced.

I don't require school transport or youth services, don't borrow books and cannot swim so it seems I could save quite a bit of council tax this year as a Councillor says we shouldn't pay for things we don't need.

Be interesting to see how this works.  If I put green bags of garden waste out, but don't agree to pay the charge, will the bags still be collected.  Equally, if I put grass cuttings into black bin bags and into the general waste along with other bags what will happen?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2019, 10:15:47 am »
I don’t mind paying £30 a year to get a proper wheelie bin for the garden waste, instead of the green bags that blow up the road all the time when windy.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2019, 11:33:42 am »
I'll accept that I have to pay the £30.00 for the garden waste to be collected but I'm happy with the green bags as I couldn't fit the amount I have into a Green wheelie bin.
Surely though all households don't have to pay the charge as there are many flats that have no garden whatsoever

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2019, 12:27:06 pm »
I'll accept that I have to pay the £30.00 for the garden waste to be collected but I'm happy with the green bags as I couldn't fit the amount I have into a Green wheelie bin.
Surely though all households don't have to pay the charge as there are many flats that have no garden whatsoever

Hugo, the article is saying   "A fee of £30 a year was agreed for the collections, which is expected to bring in £600,000 if 20,000 residents take up the service."     from that I am assuming it is optional, I also wonder at the cost of supplying 20,000 new bins and the vehicles capable of handling them as apparently they are different  from the black bins?  another thought how many green bags are out there, and guess what they are non recyclable, you can tell a lot of planning has gone into this.

I wonder what we will have to pay for next year............. $angry$

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2019, 02:17:06 pm »
Haven't the council said they will put it out to tender to pick the garden waste if so the winning bid will pay the council so they will want to make a profit, so it must be a good money maker.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #323 on: April 11, 2019, 02:47:25 pm »
I believe it is already on a tender, and they are looking to re tender when this one runs out, however it cost the council £620,000 for the present one, which is why they are now wanting us to pay, and I agree there should be a profit as I thought the waste was sold for bio fuel and compost ?    I think Biffa is the present contractor.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #324 on: April 11, 2019, 11:19:15 pm »
£600k is such a pathetically small amount to save, compared to the hassle this will create and the overall CCBC budget.  They won’t even notice this drop in the ocean.
Imagine the cost of yet another plastic wheelie bin at all these properties?
Where the hell are we supposed to put another bin?
So many streets now look absolutely terrible, as they are completely blighted by plastic bins everywhere.
I think they are obsessively focusing on the wrong priorities.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2019, 08:28:47 am »
I agree.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2019, 09:33:43 am »
This situation is not as it seems, 31 comments of differing opinions ...........

Outrage as two ambulance rapid response vehicles slapped with £25 parking tickets in council car park
The cars were hit with fines after parking without valid tickets outside Llandudno swimming pool.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/outrage-two-ambulance-rapid-response-16382854

Offline SteveH

« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2019, 06:32:30 pm »
Conwy Council is set to see the establishment of a new board to oversee some of the county’s biggest projects.  ref Pioneer

The Conwy Opportunities Board will go before members of the county’s finance committee for approval when it meets on Monday.

The changes will replace the previous modernisation board that had run an eye over projects like the development of Venue Cymru, Parc Eirias and the new council offices at Coed Pella.  ..... (Now there's a recommendation for you)

For further details on Jobs for the boys........ https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17738888.conwys-biggest-projects-set-to-be-overseen-by-new-board/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2019, 01:49:19 pm »
North Wales councils have brought in a staggering £4.3m in revenue from their car parks.

And some are hugely more lucrative than others.
Llandudno ’s promenade generated more parking revenue than any other car park or street in North Wales, according to figures released by councils in the region.

A freedom of information request found that Conwy council raked in £353,350 from on-street parking charges at the promenade between April 2018 and March 2019 –  almost double that generated by its nearest rival.

Conwy
 Promenade, Llandudno
Parade, Llandudno £353,350
Vicarage Gardens, Conwy £223,717
Town Hall, Llandudno £171,033
Morfa Bach, Conwy £156,433
Mount Pleasant, Conwy £65,892
Builder Street, Llandudno £65,623
Happy Valley, Llandudno £61,056
Colwyn Bay promenade £42,277
York Road, Llandudno £40,328
Maelgwyn Road, Gloddaeth Avenue, Llandudno £39,430

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/parking-cash-cows-netted-north-16733201

Offline DVT

« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »
" ... almost double that generated by its nearest rival."

I'm no accountant but surely 353,350 is less than 60% of 223,717 ???

Nowhere near "almost double" !!!