Author Topic: CCBC costs and cutting  (Read 56283 times)

Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: CCBC costs and cutting
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2019, 03:46:01 PM »
Apparently the higher tax rise, of 11.9% has been voted in.

The higher they push the rise, the less people will pay, and the less they will receive in total taxation.  I think they have pushed people too far with their greed this time, and they have underestimated the extent of the backlash.
Watch this space.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2019, 08:42:11 AM »
I think a good start would be to get the names of those councillors who have voted in the higher raise. We could then print them so the rate-paying voters could see exactly who is happy to spend our money.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Meleri

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
The Final decision on the amount of Council tax will be made by the Full Council on Thursday 28th February. It has been discussed by Cabinet & various Scrutiny Committees but only the full Council can pass the amount.
Some interesting facts came up in the last Finance & Resources Overview & Scrutiny Committee meeting such as, Conwy has the highest rate of elderly residence over 65 in Britain at 30% yet Conwy were awarded the lowest settlement by the Government this year. Cardiff was given the highest award yet they have the lowest elderly population, yet it's a known fact more money needs to be spent on the elderly particularly when they have failing health. It's about time Central Government gave a fairer distribution of this money then CCBC wouldn't be faced every year with these large increases.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »
Meleri,  could not agree more with your comments, it is just common sense...........and that's the problem.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
CCBC are looking all the time to cut costs as there has been yet another cut in funding they receive from Cardiff. When Denbighshire CC started charging for garden waste it was only a matter of time before Conwy followed. My daughter has been paying £50 annually in Berkshire for green waste collection, which is one green bin per fortnight. I can see a lot more fly tipping in Conwy County & people lighting bonfires polluting the air.

The posibility of charging for domestic garden waste in the Conwy county has been left residents outraged.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2019, 08:50:51 AM »
As I've suggested elsewhere the CCBC councillors really have two choices: remain on the Council, arguing they can't do anything and continue to take their expenses or do the honourable thing and resign  But then - expecting politicians to be honourable is probably akin to watching for orbiting equines.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.