Author Topic: John Owen Coxswain Theodore Price RNLIB  (Read 13478 times)

Offline ed jones

Re: John Owen Coxswain Theodore Price RNLIB
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 08:12:25 pm »
Received an e mail from Emma, looking forward to long chats with a part of my family I knew nothing about.
Ta for your help everyone. $walesflag$ $thanx$

Offline ed jones

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »
Special Ta to Norm 08 and Gwynant. $thanx$ ;D

Offline jom

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 12:43:23 am »
This is the son of Robert Owen and Catherine Owen which does not fit John Owen Coxswain.
Hi John52, Many thanks for putting up the marriage and death certs.  I whole heartedly agree that the John of your certs is not the RNLI John.  John of the RNLI fame (AS FAR AS MY RESEARCH SHOWS) however, is a son of Robert and Catherine (married name unknown) OWEN.  This Robert was born 1835 and died in 1890 and was the son of John OWEN and Alice WILLIAMS (Robert being a plasterer).  Robert's son John was a painter (decorator) born 1865 and died 1950.  He was married to ELIZABETH roberts in 1891.  I hope this helps clarify but as I say it's only as much as my research has shown to date
 $thanx$

Offline jom

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 03:06:02 am »
Please does anybody know if Ted,s wife Lilian was a Duckinfield or a Barlow?
Hi Emma,
Just about to email you but it would seem she was a Barlow (her mother would have been my half 2g aunt) - half because her mother was John OWEN's second wife (Laura ROBERTS)

Offline jom

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 03:06:33 am »
Please does anybody know if Ted,s wife Lilian was a Duckinfield or a Barlow?
Hi Emma,
Just about to email you but it would seem she was a Barlow (her mother would have been my half 2g aunt) - half because her mother was John OWEN's second wife (Laura ROBERTS)

Offline jom

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 03:17:00 am »
Hello folks and thanks to Norman and Chris Rogers for letting me know about this thread. Lots of questions to answer here. The man in the stern of the Lifeboat is my Grandfather John(Jack) Jones. There is a mention of a son, John Isaac, My brother, Ted's eldest son was John Frederick. Isaac was my Great Grandfather.
My Mother Lillian was a Barlow, Sister to Walter and John.
Emma, you and your mother are obviously relations of mine I would really love to hear from you as there does not appear to be many of us left. My e mail address is as Hugo has stated, please get in touch as soon as you can.
Hi Ed.  I am related to your mother Lilian BARLOW.  I have been chatting with Emma Silk re these families and am most intrigued.  I am trying to find some mysterious relatives on my OWEN line (your maternal grandmother's line.  Your great grandfather John OWEN was my 2 G Grandfather).  I would welcome the opportunity to chat if you are happy.  Hope to hear

Offline ed jones

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 11:18:42 am »
Jom, have sent a message.
Hugo, thanks for all your help with this. Have sorted out how to contact people.  $walesflag$ $good$

Offline jom

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 12:13:53 am »
 $good$

have replied by email Ed $thanx$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 06:28:11 pm »
Jom,    I just thought that you would like to know that there was an interesting article in the North Wales Pioneer newspaper on the 4th April 2019.
It was headed in bold letters on pg 28  " Dramatic vessel rescue is recalled a century on "  and was about how the crew of the Theodore Price lifeboat  rescued the crew off " The Ada Mars" and  John Owen Coxswain being awarded the bronze medal for gallantry.
There were four small photos shown in the item, one of the entire crew, one of the bronze medal, one of John Owen and two other men and the other of the lifeboat on the beach

Unfortunately my printer is kaput so I can't produce it on here, not yet anyway

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 10:43:59 pm »
Well my friend Rhuddlan has come to my rescue and e-mailed the article to me.     

Offline jom

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 11:52:35 pm »
Wow ...  Thank you Hugo and Rhuddlan.  That's wonderful to have.  I'll add that to my family archive.  Really appreciate it.

Hope you're all enjoying some warmer weather.  We had to have a fire going this week but lovely autumnal days.  Keep well and thanks again $3towns$