Author Topic: John Owen Coxswain Theodore Price RNLIB  (Read 13468 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: John Owen Coxswain Theodore Price RNLIB
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:04 pm »
Just sent Eddie a message he said he will get on here tomorrow .

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 10:21:27 pm »
Thanks for doing that Norman,  I'm sure that Emma will be pleased when Ed gets in touch on here.

Offline ed jones

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 09:56:13 am »
Hello folks and thanks to Norman and Chris Rogers for letting me know about this thread. Lots of questions to answer here. The man in the stern of the Lifeboat is my Grandfather John(Jack) Jones. There is a mention of a son, John Isaac, My brother, Ted's eldest son was John Frederick. Isaac was my Great Grandfather.
My Mother Lillian was a Barlow, Sister to Walter and John.
Emma, you and your mother are obviously relations of mine I would really love to hear from you as there does not appear to be many of us left. My e mail address is as Hugo has stated, please get in touch as soon as you can.

Offline emma silk

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »
Thank you everybody for getting in touch with Ed. I've now emailed him, hopefully, as computers and me don't mix very well. Lilian's name has been annoying me but now I know the answer. I think she is related to my grandfather's family as Ted her husband was related to my grandmother's family. There are so many relatives from Llandudno that I never knew about. $thanx$   

Offline ed jones

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 04:03:31 pm »
Emma, I have not received an e mail from you yet. I think maybe you may have put the- in the wrong place. It should be_after the second 8. Please try again.  $walesflag$

Offline emma silk

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »
Hi Ed, I've tried sending a personal message but it comes up error and says I'm not allowed, so I have tried sending it by clicking on the envelope again and both times it seems to send so fingers crossed you get this one! ££$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 09:32:27 pm »
Ed, just a suggestion here.  Emma is having difficulty e-mailing you so why don't you e-mail her, as I can see that she has an e-mail envelope under her name.     You can then give her your contact details without it going public.
Hope that you are keeping well and best wishes for the New Year

Offline ed jones

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 10:17:17 pm »
Cheers Hugo. I'll try that.

Offline ed jones

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 10:22:41 pm »
Bit of a problem here Hugo. I click on the envelope under her name and it comes up with my e mail address!!
I'll give it another go tomorroww.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:58 pm »
Ed,  I had a similar problem and I remember speaking to Ian about it.   If my memory is correct you are the only one apart from the recipient that can see that e-mail address.
I hope that Ian or Dave can read this posting and explain things better for you.

Offline John52

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:59 pm »
This is the son of Robert Owen and Catherine Owen which does not fit John Owen Coxswain.

Offline emma silk

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 11:21:54 am »
Thank everybody for trying to help us. I've been a bit cheeky and sent Norman a message to see if that works asking if he will pass on my email address to Ed, I hope he doesn't mind.

Offline ed jones

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 01:24:29 pm »
Let's hope that works Emma. $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 12:20:50 pm »
I got your phone message last night Norman but assume that you've been able to help Emma out in the meantime.

Offline emma silk

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 07:29:36 pm »
Thank you all for your help. I've now received an email from Eddie and sent a reply so hopefully we are ok. I have had a few problems with the internet over the holidays but it seems much better today which could have been the problem. I'm sorry I've taken over the subject a bit but I am now going to look and see if mum has one of the booklets mentioned and look at the John Owens in my family tree to see if I can help! $thanx$