Author Topic: Planes, Trains & Automobiles  (Read 36576 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Liverpool airport to Llandudno
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »
Can somebody please let me know the cheapest/quickest/easiest way to get back home from Liverpool Airport on Wednesday morning. My planned means of getting back may have fallen through so I need to consider a plan B.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Liverpool airport to Llandudno
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 04:26:32 am »
I think the quickest and the easiest is to pre-book a Llandudno private hire taxi to come over and bring you back to Llandudno.

The cheapest method may be to get a taxi for the eight mile journey to Frodsham Railway Station and then catch one of the hourly trains direct to Llandudno.

There could be an even cheaper method by catching a shuttle bus or train to Liverpool and then boarding a train to Llandudno via Rockferry and Chester but I can imagine that being hassle if you have a lot of luggage with you.

I shall be interested to read other suggestions.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 09:43:55 am »
Liverpool Airport provides free buses to the train stations in town, from where you can catch one to Chester, thence to Llandudno (on the hour).
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline stephenprudence

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 11:22:28 am »
For the cheapest get the bus from the airport to Liverpool south parkway station, then catch the train to Liverpool Central, then change at Liverpool central to the Wirral Line, and get the Chester train, then catch the Llandudno train at Chester, although it could take a while.

If you go with this it's worth asking how much the tickets are from Liverpool South Parkway to Llandudno. The train tickets from Wirral are usually around £14-17 (depending on the day), with a little research it might be cheaper getting an all zones saveaway ticket from Liverpool South Parkway then paying for the ticket to Llandudno at Chester. But thats the cheapest, not the quickest.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 07:33:28 am »
TheMedz, after all these wonderful suggestions which method did you finally use to get back home yesterday morning?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Planes, Trains & Automobiles
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:39 am »
This is an impressive video by Airbus..........

In a groundbreaking first, Airbus flies its      A350 XWB,   A400M,     Eurofighter Typhoon    and H160 together in a one-of-a-kind performance.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/airbus-a350-flies-next-eurofighter-13197274

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 11:28:24 am »
Helicopters are becoming very impressive. I was surprised to discover they can now reach 22000 feet, as shown on a recent Discovery series of Everest rescues by helicopter. And that Typhoon must have been close to its stall speed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2021, 11:21:58 am »
American F15 flying over Prestatyn on Thursday