Author Topic: Collecting  (Read 13445 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Collecting
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 03:12:57 pm »
I think in my case I will leave the ordering of the skip to the relatives I leave behind.   :'(

Offline hollins

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2015, 09:52:03 am »
My latest purchase is interesting because it has the English spelling of Conway. It is dated by the mark as 1964-1968.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 12:05:46 pm »
An article on Lockdales Auctioneers, a leading firm who auction collectibles and antiques across the UK. who held a recent coin auction, I was surprised to read about one of the lots, mentioning Llandudno, apparantly they were thinking of printing there own banknotes/vouchers.........Other local currency recently auctioned includes a set of four uncirculated printer proofs from Llandudno, which earned £360.     https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/auction-expert-warns-most-coins-17285258

Offline Hugo

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 12:56:56 pm »
That's an interesting article Steve and I enjoyed reading the link.    I've got a carrier bag full of pre decimal coins but they are probably not worth that much according to that report.
That bit about the Llandudno money was interesting too and the notes they showed were the Coron  ( five shillings in old money and 25p nowadays )    I've got a five shilling note somewhere in the house and from memory I bought it from a Richard Williams who lived in Craig Y Don

Offline Hugo

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 11:30:14 am »
I've actually found the Bank Note when I was looking for something recently.    It's for 5 swllt  ( 5 shillings in pre decimal currency )   At least I know where it is now if I wish to cash it in       ;D

The Welsh Black Sheep company is the English translation on the front of the 5 shilling note

Offline DVT

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2022, 01:35:36 pm »
Don't spend it all at once !!!