Author Topic: Collecting  (Read 13437 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Collecting
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 09:32:43 am »
Leeds United signed Cherry from Huddersfield, Hugo, but Cherry ended his career at Bradford as their player/manager in 1985 around the time of that tragic fire which claimed so many lives.

I had a massive collection of old football programmes too, including matches I had been to like Man Utd v Leicester  FA Cup Final 1963 

I forgot to mention I still have the autographs of Matt Busby and the successful 1983 Man Utd team which I obtained when they were walking off the 18th green at Maesdu Golf Club.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 10:59:11 am »
Thanks for that info about Trevor Cherry, he was a very good player in his time.
Man Utd players used to come down to Llandudno in the old days and sometimes stay at the Towers Hotel in Trinity Square.   
I had a photo of some of the pre Munich team standing on the steps and my favourite player Tommy Taylor was one of them.
I've looked for that photo again but can't find it!     :rage:

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 11:03:43 am »
bri do you mean 1963 ,some local lads had their pics in a book on maesdu  remember utd everton,liverpool used to come here few times a season train on the old llan pitch or the beach [when it had sand ] ,i suppose john will have that photo lol

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:23:22 am »
Good spot, norman08.

Yes, it was after the 1963 FA Cup Final.

50 years ago !!

I was doing alright for autographs at the golf club until Bobby Charlton told me it was time for me to leave the changing rooms.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 11:36:21 am »
Leeds United signed Cherry from Huddersfield, Hugo, but Cherry ended his career at Bradford as their player/manager in 1985 around the time of that tragic fire which claimed so many lives.

I had a massive collection of old football programmes too, including matches I had been to like Man Utd v Leicester  FA Cup Final 1963 

I forgot to mention I still have the autographs of Matt Busby and the successful 1983 Man Utd team which I obtained when they were walking off the 18th green at Maesdu Golf Club.

Lest we forget,  that refers to Bradford City,   not my beloved Bradford Park Avenue.  A wonderful club, and unique stadium.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 11:38:11 am »
Thanks for that info about Trevor Cherry, he was a very good player in his time.
Man Utd players used to come down to Llandudno in the old days and sometimes stay at the Towers Hotel in Trinity Square.   
I had a photo of some of the pre Munich team standing on the steps and my favourite player Tommy Taylor was one of them.
I've looked for that photo again but can't find it!     :rage:

Trevor Cherry was local to me -- I went to school with his sister. I also lived opposite Jimmy Glazzard in the mid 50s and used to play out with his daughter.

Collecting ?? I have an awful lot-- far too many -- theatre programs, back to the 60s.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 02:17:59 pm »
just a side line i am collecting ten pound notes if any one has any spare ones to pass on, old or new I,m not fussy

Offline Trojan

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:35 am »
just a side line i am collecting ten pound notes if any one has any spare ones to pass on, old or new I,m not fussy

L0L

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 08:13:09 am »

I'm not not quite so ambitious - I'm just collecting Fivers, you know, the old white ones!    ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline hollins

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 08:15:42 pm »
All things Llandudno!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 10:48:39 pm »
Very nice!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 09:29:25 am »
I have just read this rather sad story about the collection of a local man being auctioned off this week after his death at only 59 years of age.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/look-conwy-valley-plumbers-amazing-8547042

It makes you think about what to arrange for the the disposal of ones collections when you are gone. It's a sombre thought but I hope his treasures find good homes.

I don't think there will be too many takers for my rather obscure collection of umbrellas.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 11:04:37 am »
I'm a regular at that auction, I'll be bidding for the tank, a Jagdpanther in 1/16th scale. I already know that when my time comes, all of my stuff will probably end up at that auction! Sad to see that the chap died at such a young age, that is very sad!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 11:21:46 am »
Hope you are successful ME. Yes, it is very sad but I think you will be able to enjoy the item if you get it.    ££$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 03:04:48 pm »
Hollins, Merddyn.....  I believe that Gwynedd Skip Hire starts from about £45.   :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -