Author Topic: Eddie Spotting  (Read 5316 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Eddie Spotting
« on: October 23, 2010, 09:24:47 pm »

In the 1970s/1980s when our children were younger, a game we used to play on longer car journeys, was to "spot" certain company's lorries, and one of the special ones was Eddie Stobart Ltd now Eddie Stobart Group. In those days the lorries always had to be kept clean (as now), and the drivers had to wear a shirt and tie.

The "spotting" has now become a national occupation almost and with the vehicles all carrying one or two female names, it makes it even more interesting as a hobby or otherwise.

There is a Stobart Club and you can become a member which obviously entitles you to special offers etc., and to information about the Group and its vehicles, including a directory with all the individual lorries' names. It's a bit like train spotting used to be.

My wife has always had a great desire to drive an HGV so I made her a member several years ago, and one of these days we shall visit one of their depot open days and see if she can achieve her ambition. Currently she is eagerly watching the series of programmes on a Friday evening on Channel 5

For more information see www.clubstobart.co.uk

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Eddie Spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:28 pm »
The Stobart Group have a contract with Tesco so their lorries can regularly be seen on the A55 and delivering to their stores, the nearest of course being in Llandudno Junction.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 06:19:49 am »
The European lorries are relatively easy to drive nowadays with their semi-automatic transmission.

SCANIA OPTICRUISE V8

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 03:28:39 pm »
The sixth and final episode in a series titled "Eddie Stobart - Trucks and Trailers"  was screened last night by Channel 5.

I'm sure there will be repeats on Channel 5 or on the satellite channels Fiver and Fiver+1 - the series is also available on YouTube.

"Keep trucking Eddie"

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:13:57 pm »
Stobart had a Rally Car in today's Rally at West Shore:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:21:06 pm »

and what a great display that Focus put on 8) 8) D)  I'll put some of my pics up later
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 06:39:04 am »

and what a great display that Focus put on 8) 8) D)  I'll put some of my pics up later

Was the rally driver wearing a shirt & tie?  8)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:56 pm »
For Eddie Spotters, just a reminder that the Channel 5 programme "Eddie Stobart, Trucks and Trailers 2" starts tomorrow night (Friday 20/5/11) at 8pm in a series of 8 shows in the next few weeks. Viewers will have a behind the scenes sight of how the Company operates as well as following some of their drivers in their day to day delivery runs etc.