Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 159649 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Niggles
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »
Astonishing.... but YES, people HAVE been using that grit.... how unreasonable of them.

My near neighbour (out of the goodness of his heart) has been scattering it around the paths where elderly neighbours live to allow them to get in and out of thier houses in relative safety, and to allow the bin men to collect safely yesterday.

The lady on the phone sounds like another one who needs to worry about her position WHEN the axe starts swinging! 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2010, 07:54:09 pm »
The fact that they aren't mentioning is that they are already running out of grit and no further supplies can be had. That's why there is none available to fill up the grit bins.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2010, 07:34:15 pm »
Unbelievable!

It's like something from a movie.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2010, 09:30:32 am »
The fact that they aren't mentioning is that they are already running out of grit and no further supplies can be had. That's why there is none available to fill up the grit bins.

"Conwy Council’s salt supplies have already dwindled to about 7,200 tonnes, compared with 10,500 tonnes at the start of the season.

Stuart Davies, head of highways and infrastructure, said: “We placed an order a couple of months ago for approximately 2,000 tonnes of rocksalt to be delivered in early December.

“We have been told it is unlikely that the supplier will be able to meet our order because of the severe conditions in other areas of the UK putting heavy demand on the salt mine."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2010/12/07/grit-stocks-in-parts-of-north-wales-running-low-55578-27779080/

So, the reserves are down to 7,200 tonnes and CCBC are using 500 tonnes a day. Hmmm....7,200 divided by 500 = Problem

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2010, 04:07:06 pm »
Bus Drivers

I travel to work on the bus all the time and have noticed over the past few months the rise in foreign drivers.  I have nothing against them but you'd think Arriva would ensure they had a basic grasp  of the language or at least know which routes they were going on.  I have witnessed passengers getting on and asking the driver for example "do you go to mostyn street?". The driver looks vacantly back "Llandudno?" the passenger will ask again. "ah yes clandwdno" the driver will reply.  People have asked for Gloddaeth Street and I've had to intervene saying yes, as the driver has told them  no, having never heard of it.  It's like getting on a bus with Manuel as your driver. 
 >>>
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2010, 04:11:55 pm »
I suppose they don't speak Welsh either.   Send a complaint to Arriva.    ¢¢##

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2010, 04:21:19 pm »
I suppose they don't speak Welsh either.   Send a complaint to Arriva.    ¢¢##
On this occasion whether they speak welsh or not is irrelevent as a basic grasp of place names would suffice.   ::)

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Dwyforite

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2010, 01:48:36 am »
the one that gets up my nose is the faroes island shepherd who shears the collie dog as well as his sheep,on his wrist is a watch,its not a watch he needs on his wrist ,its a bloody grandfather clock

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2010, 09:04:16 am »
Bus Drivers

I travel to work on the bus all the time and have noticed over the past few months the rise in foreign drivers.  I have nothing against them but you'd think Arriva would ensure they had a basic grasp  of the language or at least know which routes they were going on.  I have witnessed passengers getting on and asking the driver for example "do you go to mostyn street?". The driver looks vacantly back "Llandudno?" the passenger will ask again. "ah yes clandwdno" the driver will reply.  People have asked for Gloddaeth Street and I've had to intervene saying yes, as the driver has told them  no, having never heard of it.  It's like getting on a bus with Manuel as your driver.  
 >>>
It's the same with the automated announcements on Arriva trains, obviously narrated by someone who has never been to Wales..

"This train is for........big pause.......clan....dudno."

_))*

Yorkie

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2010, 09:09:51 am »
the one that gets up my nose is the faroes island shepherd who shears the collie dog as well as his sheep,on his wrist is a watch,its not a watch he needs on his wrist ,its a bloody grandfather clock

One major problem is that you can't get big enough watch straps.    L0L

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2010, 05:51:50 pm »
Christmas.

I cringe at the perfume adverts, they all have french voice overs and visuals that mean absolutely nish. I'm not usually miserable but xmas is a huge anti climax. I wonder whether things have changed or if its because I'm getting older that xmas isn't as much fun anymore. Every year xmas is rammed down our throats earlier and earlier. The tesco ad makes me laugh when they phone to see what the neices and nephews want, who spends nearly £50 a pressie, or am I just tight. 
I'll have to put the decorations up in the club this week too, i've held out for long enough now.

My God it's me isn't it, I'm a whinging bint.  Surely I'm not the only one.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2010, 05:56:54 pm »
Its not only you Pendragon.... I think you'll find that Dave R is actually The Grinch in disguise!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2010, 06:16:48 pm »
I'm very Scrooge like, I hate writing xmas cards (we bought loads cheap when Woolies went bust ;D) I spend next to nothing on xmas, I do like the pretty lights this time of year though  D)  Pendragon, I always moan at those stupid froggy perfume adverts, I mean would you go in a shop and ask for 'haw hee haww ooo la laa' or what ever stupid name it has  :rage:  L0L
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:13:07 pm by Merddin Emrys »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2010, 06:20:30 pm »
Every year the same up until October it's all Binge drinking this, over eating that yet everytime we turn on the tv  all the ads are "buy more beer, more spirits" and if that wasn't bad  we're convinced we need enough shopping to feed the whole street! January comes and all you see is Weight watcher ads.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »
Maybe I spoke to soon  _))* _))*