Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 163423 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Niggles
« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2012, 06:10:01 pm »
I wonder what legal power they have to stop traffic? It seems very wrong that these people in hi viz jackets do not have the correct training to help people instead of just saying 'you can't go up there'
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #571 on: June 23, 2012, 06:28:51 pm »
I wonder what legal power they have to stop traffic? It seems very wrong that these people in hi viz jackets do not have the correct training to help people instead of just saying 'you can't go up there'

They have absolutely no legal power to direct traffic.   

>>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #572 on: June 23, 2012, 11:46:44 pm »
I find that completely ignoring them is usually effective.

Failing that, if you swear at them, they tend to back down and melt away. WWW
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »
Would it be too much to ask that Sat Navs be given a more friendly way of directing the route.  y'see two things a man hates is

1. Being given directions and
2. Being told what to do.

My hubby spent most of our journey to my sister wedding having a go at the tomtom  :laugh:
And why do they whisper. I had to sit in silence most of the way with radio off  ???

Sat Nav "at the next junction turn right" then as Gezzy is switching lanes. she's on at him again "TURN RIGHT"
"Alright alright! I am turning bloody right!" he kept shouting, bless him he does make me laugh, he was proper wound up by the time we got there  _))*

Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2012, 03:58:54 pm »
The volume can be increased.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2012, 12:23:00 pm »
When Gezzy told me he was getting Sky in the new house I was made up.  I would be able to watch National Geographic, Discovery and Time Team to my hearts content or so I thought but Nooooo......instead since it's been installed I have learnt how to assemble a motor bike from scratch,  I know all about "hot rods" the car that is  ;D I could even spray paint a niffty little picture on the bonnet petrol tank. and I know exactly where to go to get an incredible tattoo if I was ever in America  :rage:  It wouldn't surprise me if the piggin' remote control was set up with finger print technology as I haven't even had a turn yet! 
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2012, 12:55:16 pm »
I wish my OH could use the Remote.  Each time she makes  an attempt to change a program or alter the volume I have to reset the whole caboodle!  I think we should go back to knobs that one can twiddle instead.   :D
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »
Try giving some people 2 remotes--- 1 for the TV and 1 for the Freeview. It would be just as useful putting them in a bucket of water. My OH spends ages re-setting TVs that people have messed about with.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #578 on: July 22, 2012, 06:27:58 pm »
This isn't really a niggle it is a full blown rant.
Early this afternoon some idiot in a silver VW Golf parked right across our garage door and private car park space-- half on the pavement and half on our garage ramp.
At the time my OH's Classic was waiting to be put in the garage after we had been out in it this morning. As it was, by where this fool had parked it was completely immobile.
4 phone calls to the police were useless and we waited till 5pm before we could do anything when the car was removed.
Trouble was I was trying to make a meal whilst my OH made a drink for 2 elderly ladies and between us we missed the driver.
Perhaps as well or the wrath of Nemesis might have descended. :twoface:
Grrrr people !

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #579 on: July 22, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »
I fear that if you HAD been on hand when this selfish inconsiderate idiot returned, then the police might well have been required to deal with a more serious incident.
Its probably best for the health of both parties that you missed them.
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #580 on: July 23, 2012, 08:19:52 am »
Gee thanks !! :o

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #581 on: July 23, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »
Next time immobilise the car by sticking a potato up its exhaust pipe!  Fun, fun, fun!
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #582 on: July 23, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »
Now there's an idea! cheers!
Only trouble is we should have been no better off as the b. thing would have been stuck there for good !

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2012, 12:58:12 pm »
My faith in human nature is somewhat restored:-
The car in my rant had a Venue Cymru stewards pass in the window, so not getting any joy from anywhere else I contacted Venue Cymru and have received a full blown apology from the House Manager for the inconsiderate actions of their steward.
How nice to know that someone has some manners.
Well done that man! :D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #584 on: October 24, 2012, 12:10:48 am »
Someone tell me where I am in the wrong on this matter...

After working today, then mooching around town with Dave R, I decided to go home for an hour or so.

Now, I waited for a taxi for a few mins, but then the no19 bus appeared which is 80p cheaper than the taxi, so I decided to hop on.
I only had a £10 note, and I asked the driver, with trepidation, if it was 'exact fare only'
He replied no, its not.... where do I want to go?
Ty n y coed road please!    Thats £1.40 he said.   So I proffered my tenner..

''Oh no, I'm not changing that,  you will take all my pound coins'' said the driver.

''So what?'' I said .... ''its your LAST fare of the day anyway''

Anyhow, after a couple of minutes of indignant silence, he still refused to change my tenner.
''I'm not getting off'' I adamantly said.  He had little choice at that stage.

So... soon after, he took my tenner and angrily slammed down my change, whilst muttering under his breath.

I got home, but I could not understand why this guy was so against changing my £10 note....

Fester...