Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 162499 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Niggles
« Reply #435 on: May 15, 2011, 11:55:20 am »
Good Idea,  I think they might balk at the cost of a trip up Snowdon, especially in this foul weather, so Conwy could be a good diversion !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »
Why do some cyclists (and sometimes I am a cyclistinsist on riding on the road when there is a cycle track alongside the road! On the promenade between Penrhyn Bay to Rhos on Sea there is an excellent cycle path (which I ride on quite often), but still some cyclists will insist on riding on the road holding up the traffic :rage:  Also on the same stretch some cyclists insist on riding on the higher path which is for pedestrians  :rage:  The extreme cyclists campaign for cycle paths everywhere yet seem to want to ignore them, why?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #437 on: July 17, 2011, 12:50:35 am »
URGENT NOTE TO SELF

ALWAYS remember to check that there IS some bog-roll in the dispenser, before locking that door in public loos.   $angry$ $angry$ $angry$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #438 on: July 17, 2011, 06:26:12 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #439 on: July 17, 2011, 01:17:07 pm »
URGENT NOTE TO SELF

ALWAYS remember to check that there IS some bog-roll in the dispenser, before locking that door in public loos.   $angry$ $angry$ $angry$

Is that what that green cloud over the pier was? _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2011, 02:07:31 pm »
People who insert rude, offensive and obnoxious words into puzzles, when the answers are always upside-down at the bottom of the page.  $angry$

;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2011, 07:31:10 pm »
The biggest Niggle locally as far as I am concerned is Llandudno Town Council and its web site. >>>

I have just been to the Town Council web site and what a bloody mess it is!   Every page seems to have an error of one sort or another.  It is either atrocious spelling or extremely bad grammar, or even a jumble of words that just do not make sense.      Even the Calender of Meetings is a year out of date , unless of course, October 1st is on a Friday this year - which it isn't.

QUOTE:   All Town and Community Councils have powers granted by Parliament, including the authority to raise money through taxation. Llandudno Town Council raises its money, mainly, through the Council tax, via an annual precept to Conwy County Borough Council. The Town Council's precept is currently around £260,000.

Powers and Duties:
Town Councils have a range of powers available to them, some of which are listed below:

To be notified and consulted by Conwy County Borough Council on all planning applications   ZXZ
To provide and maintain bus shelters and clocks   WWW
To install and amintain equipment for the prevention of crime. The Town Council makes an annual contribution to the CCTV scheme set up and monitored by the County Council. It also has close links with the local Police.    :P
To light roads and public places, provide litter bins, seats and shelters.   :laugh:
To provide Public conveniences. The Town Council currently operates the Public Conveniences at North Western Gardens (Mostyn St) and has encourged, funded and developed the Town's Community Toilet Scheme.    Z**
To encourage visitors and tourists   _))*
To contribute to traffic calming schemes   L0L
To maintain memorials, including war memorials
To provide grants
To provide a budget for young people's activities and provision of play equipment
UNQUOTE

It seems their remit has expanded somewhat since I last visited!  And they apparently do all that, and pay the wages on £260,000 a year?    L0L
What a shambles!  Lord help us if they ever get Tax Raising Authority!
I did a spell check before posting and have left all the Council errors in.  $good$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #442 on: August 17, 2011, 08:05:29 pm »
Funnily enough, I was also just looking at the Town Council website - see my comment on the other thread.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #443 on: August 17, 2011, 08:18:50 pm »
Maybe a few more should join in!     >>> 
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #444 on: September 03, 2011, 01:59:40 pm »
The biggest lie of all:

QUOTE:  "If you have any issues that you would like to raise with a Town Councillor about anything in the Llandudno area, please contact one of the councillors below or the office on 01492 879130."

And you are guaranteed that nothing will happen!   $angry$
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #445 on: November 17, 2011, 06:00:56 pm »
Sorry, but its the Llandudno Swimming Pool again.

Today I was aware of some closures of the pool, (just as it was ALL last weekend) ... so took the time to check it out to avoid frustration.
Firstly, I called them on the phone to be told that the pool was closed to ''the public''  from 9am until 2.30pm today.
It would re-open for me to use at 2.30pm
And then again it would close from 6.30pm until 9.pm tonight.

Thats fine I thought, I can swim anytime between 2.30 and 6.30.  I planned my day accordingly.

Mrs Fester, knowing how unreliable they are, (and worried about my stress levels) actually drove to the pool, went in to the reception and double checked this information.   Yep, it was all systems go for me today, from 2.30pm.

So, at 3.30pm I sauntered in, with my gym kit and swimming stuff tucked in my bag... and proferred my membership card.
'Gym and Swim please!''  I proudly declared.

BUT NO!  OOH NO, its not that easy is it!
''Sorry, the pool closes at 3.45pm'' came the reply!
I said ''Whoa there, hang on a minute.... I've double checked this today... and was told it re-opened at 2.30pm for public swim''.

''It did'', came the reply....   ''but then it closes to the public at 3.45pm''  ...as always!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!   :'( :'( :'(   :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: $angry$ $angry$ $angry$

I am heartily sick of unreliable information and people... and I am heartily sick as a council tax payer of being excluded from the facilities that I pay for, every time that I want to use them.

Admittedly, this council gym and pool is much cheaper than a private gym, but pro rata, if I can rarely use it, (and the gym is a pathetic afterthought) ... then its actually a waste of money.   GRRRR.

Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »
Send an e-mail with your complaint to the NEW Chief Executive, and receive a standard reply saying that he will look into it or pass it on to some minion who will be able todo absolutely sweet FA about it and probably cares even less.    $angry$
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »
Fester, you appear to have inside knowledge that the pool was not going to open today until 2.30pm.

It had been heavily advertised for weeks on the digital board that the pool was closed today from 9am – 2pm for the Annual Urdd Gala.

However, when I deliberately arrived earlier for my ‘gym and swim’ just after 1pm, I was informed the Gala was running late so I finally managed to enter the pool at 2.25pm.

Swimming lessons and swimming clubs are timetabled for 4pm and the general public have to vacate the pool by 3.45pm.

In hindsight, I think management should have advertised when the pool was actually open rather than when it was closed to avoid the obvious confusion.

BTW, if you do not already know, the swimming pool is closed this Saturday afternoon from Noon for a water polo event.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2011, 06:44:34 pm »
Bri... of course I knew when it was closed... it was advertised on a big flip chart... and on the neon screen, for weeks.

What I wanted to know was... WHEN was it OPEN?    Thats where I have been misled... 

Its indefensible.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »
BTW, if you do not already know, the swimming pool is closed this Saturday afternoon from Noon for a water polo event.

Bloody horses that swim!   What next?    L0L
Cicero