Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 159492 times)

brumbob

Re: Niggles
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2011, 11:14:46 am »
Grrr, why has Tesco got no Marmite, now what am I going to put on my toast.
Had to order some from Amazon, hopefully it will come midweek.

Is it coming by boat?
No, it's just the gravy that comes by boat

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2011, 11:29:53 am »
you must be thinking of the 'gravy train'
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2011, 09:16:39 pm »

Have you tried Marmite bars?

They taste awful, even though I love Marmite. The rice cakes are lovely.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:23:04 am by Ian »

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2011, 09:21:46 pm »
May I throw Twiglets into the argument? Do they taste/smell of marmite?

brumbob

« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2011, 10:18:28 pm »
 nooooo, but I like marmite cheese bites

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 12:12:16 am »
I love marmite I really do but my mate Ali Gugs hates it with a passion.  He told me about the time him and his wife fell out, she went in the kitchen and spread Marmite thickly all over a sandwich ate it and then went in the living room pretending to make up with him. As soon as he kissed her he was gagging all over the place.  Classic. Woman after my own heart.  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2011, 02:01:56 am »
I love marmite I really do but my mate Ali Gugs hates it with a passion.  He told me about the time him and his wife fell out, she went in the kitchen and spread Marmite thickly all over a sandwich ate it and then went in the living room pretending to make up with him. As soon as he kissed her he was gagging all over the place.  Classic. Woman after my own heart.  _))*

$lol$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2011, 11:37:59 am »
The "go compare" advert for car insurance was voted most annoying ad for 2010 and rightly so.  However what's even more annoying is the new ad with sub titles.  I just can't help singing along in my mind now, trying to fit the words in with the music.  :(

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2011, 06:23:54 pm »
It's like that dreadful
You buy on, you get one free
man, I hate that advert, but you find yourself saying it too!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

brumbob

« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2011, 06:56:06 pm »
It's the 'webuyanycar.com' advert that does my head in  >:(

webuyanycar.com TV Advertisement - We Buy Any Car

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2011, 07:37:10 pm »
The ones that make me laugh are the two weekly "build your own boat" mags.  £6.99 an issue with a bit of wood, if you read the small print the model will take 2 yrs or more to complete with a total cost of over £600. They're having a laff.
When my lad was about 6 he wanted the "treasures of the earth."  For months I had to pay £4 an issue and we ended up with box after box of tiny bits of stone. Pointless. Expensive and pointless come to think of it.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:54 pm »
The ones that make me laugh are the two weekly "build your own boat" mags.  £6.99 an issue with a bit of wood, if you read the small print the model will take 2 yrs or more to complete with a total cost of over £600. They're having a laff.
When my lad was about 6 he wanted the "treasures of the earth."  For months I had to pay £4 an issue and we ended up with box after box of tiny bits of stone. Pointless. Expensive and pointless come to think of it.

yes, at the moment i have on the go a Tiger tank in weekly parts, James Bond's Aston Martin and the boat all in weekly parts, you fit one part which takes a couple of minutes then wait a week! the suspense kills me wondering what next week's part will be  :-X

(this could possibly be a lie  :laugh:)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2011, 10:29:21 pm »
If I didn't like Steven Seagal before I really don't now. Hubby wanted to watch the Justin lee Collins interview.  Seagal has just said he came to Llandudno with his band and he thought the Welsh were inbreds who liked sheep for some reason the pillock. Hubby saw my face and sat there laughing.  We can quite safely say Valentines is now well and truly over (for him anyway)  :rage:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2011, 10:35:39 pm »
I see you name your seagulls, fair enough my pigeons all have names!

(steven does sound a prat if he comes out with that nonsense!)  $wales

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2011, 08:47:08 am »

yes, at the moment i have on the go a Tiger tank in weekly parts, James Bond's Aston Martin and the boat all in weekly parts, you fit one part which takes a couple of minutes then wait a week! the suspense kills me wondering what next week's part will be  :-X

(this could possibly be a lie  :laugh:)

I should hope so  ;D or as we say in Yorkshire you must have more brass than wit !!! _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.