Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 162579 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Niggles
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »
I used to go to all the home Bangor City games in the 80s. We used to have a right laugh, chanting to the opposing crowd.  It kinda takes the fun out of it if everyone is sat down.  However I can appreciate the safety issues. I remember once I told my Dad I was going to Llanfair and went to watch the Newport v Bangor game at Farrar road.  There was loads of trouble there, the Bangor Warfare Squad as they called themselves at the time (and still do) kicked off on the Newport fans (hooliganism was rife) My Dad saw me on the HTV news running through the streets of Bangor 9pm at night and was not amused.  In fact I was banned from going.  Course that didn't stop me mind but don't tell him  :roll:
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

brumbob

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:50 pm »
Warfare v Zulus = no contest

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2011, 07:45:30 pm »
That depends on whether it's Zulus as in Rorke's Drift or Zulus the Birmingham tribe  :D

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:57 pm »
Oh... Trojan,  seriously great memories...

My favourite football grounds of all time,,,

1, Goodison Park, Everton....  Still not ruined.

2, Bradford Park Avenue,  now only a ruin,  but when I was a kid, it was a 36,000 capacity, beautifully designed stadium with a unique wooden stand.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2011, 02:12:31 am »
I used to go to all the home Bangor City games in the 80s. We used to have a right laugh, chanting to the opposing crowd.  It kinda takes the fun out of it if everyone is sat down.  However I can appreciate the safety issues. I remember once I told my Dad I was going to Llanfair and went to watch the Newport v Bangor game at Farrar road.  There was loads of trouble there, the Bangor Warfare Squad as they called themselves at the time (and still do) kicked off on the Newport fans (hooliganism was rife) My Dad saw me on the HTV news running through the streets of Bangor 9pm at night and was not amused.  In fact I was banned from going.  Course that didn't stop me mind but don't tell him  :roll:

D) Were you with the Maes G?

Those were the day's when every mob in the country started giving themselves' a name

Fancy getting banned from going to a football match.   ???

Offline Trojan

« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:02 am »
That depends on whether it's Zulus as in Rorke's Drift or Zulus the Birmingham tribe  :D

As an aside.....

The Llandudno Advertiser started on the 11th April 1885 and ceased publication in 1997. The title is still owned by Trinity Mirror (due to their acquisition of the North Wales Independent Press which owned the North Wales Weekly News Group)and there is a Limited Company Llandudno Advertiser Ltd still in existence.

It was printed at 133 Upper Mostyn Street from 1885 till 1975. Its owner, William 'Zulu' Smith, was a veteran of the Zulu War of 1879 and had printed an occasional Llandudno News Sheet from 3rd May 1882.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2011, 02:23:01 am »

Yes, I agree.

brumbob

« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »
Grrr, why has Tesco got no Marmite, now what am I going to put on my toast.
Had to order some from Amazon, hopefully it will come midweek.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »
You can't say Marmite wthout saying Mmmmmmmm!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2011, 04:16:55 pm »

the toast will have gone cold by then though! :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2011, 04:46:45 pm »

D) Were you with the Maes G?

Yes I was as it happens. Maes G was a very rough place when I was a kid.  You had to know people to go there. Buses and taxis wouldn't venture up there after 8pm in the 80s.  Its a really changed over the years, gone are the old mattresses dumped by the fences, now replaced by landscaped gardens.  Most of the houses are privately owned.  Crime rate is virtually nil believe it or not.  Maes G benefited from lottery money and they built a community center which is now run by the residents association. There's a youth center run by volunteers and a youth theatre, who perform in the theatre Gwynedd every year. Maes G has a real community spirit and I still love going there now to see old friends.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:15:50 pm by Pendragon »

brumbob

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2011, 05:55:12 pm »

the toast will have gone cold by then though! :laugh:
_))* _))* _))*

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2011, 07:18:48 pm »

Amazon is an extreme solution...
There is a Tesco own brand marmite type product.. goes great on toast (and even better with cheese on toast)
Or ... go to Asda, Marmite in every size there..... you lose too much from the squeezy one though, money wasted.

Finally, Morrisons stock marmite flavour CRISPS !!!   totally addictive.  <:<:<:<
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:48 pm »

Is it coming by boat?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2011, 10:45:07 am »

Amazon is an extreme solution...
There is a Tesco own brand marmite type product.. goes great on toast (and even better with cheese on toast)
Or ... go to Asda, Marmite in every size there..... you lose too much from the squeezy one though, money wasted.
Finally, Morrisons stock marmite flavour CRISPS !!!   totally addictive.  <:<:<:<

Have you tried Marmite bars?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:39:22 pm by Nemesis »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.