Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 163194 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Niggles
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2010, 06:41:08 pm »
I'm just looking at a Brewers Fayre menu now and they serve pork ribs, they have bacon on the cheese burger, a chicken & bacon salad. How can this be if food cannot be halal if prepared in the same kitchen as pork?

http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/food/details/?id=1

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2010, 06:44:46 pm »
ONLY IF WE LET THEM!!!!!    :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:
We would need to be informed first though Yorkie.  :'(
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 08:33:27 am »
Nothing could be more useless than those sticky strips which are designed to help you re-seal a bag of Cadbury's Buttons, ...or Maltesers, or REVELS!

When I open one of those, I'm going to eat the lot ... its impossible not to....so its a total waste of resource.    $dins$ $dins$ $dins$

The ones on Asda's grated cheese aren't much better, if indeed you can open the bag in the first place.

Talking of packaging, have you ever tried to remove an ironmongery item like a door handle from one of those dratted bubble pack thingies? Grrr
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2010, 11:58:58 am »
Talking of packaging, have you ever tried to remove an ironmongery item like a door handle from one of those dratted bubble pack thingies? Grrr
The best way to open such packaging is to use a hacksaw, or if your posh one of those electric knives.  _))*
If all else fails give it to the Husband, it'll keep him quiet for hours.  L0L

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2010, 12:02:39 pm »
You know that saying, if a tree falls in the woods and if there's no one there, does it make a sound?
Well I wonder

?{}?

if I wasn't there would my Hubby still swear at the ironing board !!

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 07:34:18 pm »
At least he recognises an ironing board!!

Offline dontheturner

• Never look back, at your past mistakes
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2010, 05:51:21 am »
I think my Wife is more crafty than you possibly are.  She asks, why when I do the ironing , are things appearing better. II told it's because I put water in the Iron.before use ---  dontheturner.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2010, 02:40:12 pm »
New Phones

My Hubby has just got a new touch screen phone, bless he's having a nightmare (snigger).  He got up late this morning as he hadn't set the days right on the alarm, all I could hear was swearing from the bathroom, I pretended to be asleep. Next thing he walks in the bedroom and starts "Ang, Ang wake up, I need to get a different phone, this bloody thing is pants!!" he was whining.  I just kept my head under the pillow. I could hear him in the bathroom, I'm sure he called me a cow!! I've been giggling all day, he's usually so laid back.  I think it's really mean of the phone shops to remove the instruction manual when they sell phones to blokes. Mind you according to him they also configure TomToms wrongly just to wind him up too!!  :P

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2010, 11:27:51 am »
Gritters

Somewhat parochial I know but .Why is it that whenever we do get any snow there are no gritters to be seen on the Orme and what are possibly the steepest roads in the built up parts of  Llandudno. The reason the council highways department has just told me is because the Great Orme is not on the "Gritting Route" because the councillors have deemed it low priority. Every time there is snow there are cars and more worryingly buses doing spins all over the road in their attempt to get up and down Ty Gwyn road.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:29:53 am by TheMedz »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2010, 11:33:49 am »
Here's a map of all the gritting routes in the County:
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/upload/public/attachments/435/Conwy_Bulletin_2010_Map_for_web.pdf

Llandudno only seems to get the A470 and Prom/Mostyn Street/Gloddaeth Ave/Bryniau Road done. I'm surpised Ty Gwyn Road isn't getting done, with it being the bus route.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2010, 11:57:33 am »
Not surprisingly the Buses stopped after the first one encountered problems at 9am this morning.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2010, 01:25:12 pm »
Some years ago, when I lived up the Orme, Ty Gwyn Rd. was one of the first to be Gritted, I wonder why the priority has changed ?   ???
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Paddy

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:04 pm »
I'm surpised Ty Gwyn Road isn't getting done, with it being the bus route.

I would have thought that all bus routes would be gritted so that people who can't use their cars could still get to school/work.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2010, 04:01:15 pm »
Not surprisingly the Buses stopped after the first one encountered problems at 9am this morning.

I take my hat off to you Medz, because I was behind that very bus in my car as Mrs F and I were setting off to Manchester....and my car was sliding slowly, but inexorably towards the bus.   That is until my wheels touched the grit that YOU had just shovelled into the road.  All was fine from that point.
Your timing was impeccable. Though you probably didn't even know it yourself!

&well& &well& &well&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2010, 01:54:54 pm »
SILENT TELEPHONE CALLS

For the last 2/3 weeks we have been receiving at least one silent call a day - you know the sort, you pick the phone up, there's nothing, then a click and a long tone. A 1471 enquiry says "We do not have the callers' number" which means the call was initiated outside the UK and so even if you are registered with the Telephone Preference Service as we are, they can't stop the calls.   :rage: