Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 159520 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Niggles
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 03:32:32 pm »
Oh Wow !!Hugo when you next walk through town with your parasol do let me know and I'll walk with you !! _))* _))* _))*
Could be a painful walk if your texting Nemesis :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 05:16:42 pm »
I always find myself reading the small print on adverts, their comical. Like the one for "Head and Shoulders" anti dandruff shampoo. The one with all the women in his shower room, the small writing reads "noticable difference in the appearence of dandruff, from 2 feet away, what's that about?
Another thing which really niggles me is the words used by Face creme advertising such as "Aqua Spheres" now where I'm from "Aqua Spheres" translates to "Balls of Water" and they want £20 quid for it, Their having a laff.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:24 pm »
Pomegranates

Jamie Oliver and I are going to fall out!  Up until last week it had always been a mission to eat a pomegranate not to mention messy. Then Jamie Oliver turns up and (in a cockney accent)........"get a spoon, turn it over ..........hold it in your hand......hit with the spoon......and Bosh.....simples!!" The selfish git, why didn't he tell us before. For years I've eaten pomergranates. We used to sit for hours with a plate and a PIN picking out all the pips. After 15 minutes you could collect enough for a small mouth full. I'll give him "the best way to crush nuts is in a tea towel" No doggy doos sherlock, I completely agree with you!  
 WWW WWW
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:15:27 pm by Pendragon »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 12:30:45 pm »
I think I might be "on one" today. has it been a month already lol

I remember watching an add for Special K. A young already slim woman is sitting watching the tele, her boyfriend is probably out on the lash (getting drunk) she feels the munchies coming on, she goes to the fridge....oh no he's moved the cream cakes, a note reads "you were doing so well", she moves on to the biscuit tin...empty, he's hidden the chocolate bisscuits...there's a note "look in the cupboard x" she goes to the cupboard and he's pulled a mother hubbard on her, the only thing in there is Special K. SHE SMILES, I'm not having that, I'd go ballistic apart from the fact his little notes might as well have said "listen heffer,your piling it on" he's eaten the cream cakes !!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:17:15 pm by Pendragon »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:37 pm »
Halal Meat

Now this issue really gets my goat (no pun intended) I was gobsmacked when I realised all meat in school dinners is now, or is to be prepared in the Halal way. When were the british people briefed on this, when did it suddenly become the norm. I'm not having it, its wrong!!!!  It's our politicians etc that pass these ludicrous laws. Then wonder why there's unrest and resentment. I believe if you have a belief or a certain way you want to live then do it, but don't demand everyone does the same, what the hell makes muslims think their way is right. Who the hell in this country, agreed with them!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2010, 05:38:27 pm »
Halal Meat....There is not a lot of information about on this subject, (possibly deliberately) ..and everything I hear corresponds with Pendragon's posting.
But if it IS true... then it is nothing short of an outrage.

It is also getting towards the thicker end of the wedge..... then 'thin end' began about 25 years ago with ludicrous laws, appalling border control and deliberate lack of integration.  Now, its just part of an unstoppable trend.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2010, 05:44:00 pm »
Nothing could be more useless than those sticky strips which are designed to help you re-seal a bag of Cadbury's Buttons, ...or Maltesers, or REVELS!

When I open one of those, I'm going to eat the lot ... its impossible not to....so its a total waste of resource.    $dins$ $dins$ $dins$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »
Halal Meat

Now this issue really gets my goat (no pun intended) I was gobsmacked when I realised all meat in school dinners is now, or is to be prepared in the Halal way. When were the british people briefed on this, when did it suddenly become the norm. I'm not having it, its wrong!!!!  It's our politicians etc that pass these ludicrous laws. Then wonder why there's unrest and resentment. I believe if you have a belief or a certain way you want to live then do it, but don't demand everyone does the same, what the hell makes muslims think their way is right. Who the hell in this country, agreed with them!!
Is this actually true or another urban myth? I googled it, and whilst certain schools (not in this area) certainly do serve Halal meat, I can't find anything that says all schools do?  8)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2010, 05:58:10 pm »
PHD in Box Packing.

Why is it when you buy something in a box usually in Argos lets say. You can never get the bloody thing back  in again if you need to return the product. Is there a special course you can do in box packing?  It's like krypton Factor trying to get all the bits back.  It doesn't seem to matter, whether it's small or large.  Maybe I'll check llandrillo college and see if there is a PHD in box packing ready for the xmas returns.    )*)&

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2010, 06:01:36 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313458/Halal-Britain-Famous-institutions-routinely-serve-public-ritually-slaughtered-meat.htm

Check it out Dave, not sure if I've entered the link properly

He hay................I'm getting the hang of this now, the link is right   :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 06:12:31 pm by Pendragon »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 06:12:14 pm »
You mean I have to read the Daily Mail?  :o

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 06:14:56 pm »
You mean I have to read the Daily Mail?  :o
Not sure if the same story was in the Sun........sorry matey   :-*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:52 pm »
I've read it now. Usual Daily Mail scaremongering rubbish.  :P

What I don't get it this....companies like Whitbread certainly don't publicise the fact they're using Halal meat...so what's the benefit of them using the method? It's hardly like every Brewers Fayre is full of Muslims licking their lips at the thought of animals killed in a medieval fashion. I don't see the business benefit for them - is it a cheaper method or something?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 06:24:59 pm »
- is it a cheaper method or something?

Not sure if it's cheaper. According to Oscars site they've just discovered the Halal meat is being used in the House of Commons canteen.  Who pulls the strings?

It wont be long before Bacon is banned. There goes the traditional Breakfast.  :weeping:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/MP-demands-changes-after-halal.6629178.jp
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 06:26:33 pm by Pendragon »

Yorkie

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 06:30:33 pm »
It wont be long before Bacon is banned. There goes the traditional Breakfast.  :weeping:

ONLY IF WE LET THEM!!!!!    :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage:  :rage: