Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 159514 times)

Yorkie

Re: Niggles
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 04:01:09 pm »
One thing that does annoy me is five minutes after reading a piece of news in the press (local or national) a posting appears on a Forum as if the person thinks we are all shielded from what is happening in the World!   C'est la vie!     $wales   $uk   $eu   ¢¢##

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 04:11:33 pm »
If you have teenagers this says it all, I found a plaque I'd given my eldest a few years ago.

Teenagers

Tired of being harassed
By your stupid parents

Act Now

Move out, get a job,
pay your own bills
while you still know everything.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 04:14:07 pm »
I love this one.

School days are the best times of our lives,
As long as your children are old enough to attend.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 06:07:57 pm »
One thing that does annoy me is five minutes after reading a piece of news in the press (local or national) a posting appears on a Forum as if the person thinks we are all shielded from what is happening in the World!   C'est la vie!     $wales   $uk   $eu   ¢¢##
Isn't that assuming that everyone reads the newspapers, when in reality not that many people do? A lot of people have busy lives and just don't have the time to sit down with the paper as they'd maybe like?  :)

Yorkie

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 06:17:22 pm »
Isn't that assuming that everyone reads the newspapers, when in reality not that many people do? A lot of people have busy lives and just don't have the time to sit down with the paper as they'd maybe like?  :)

I agree with you completely, as I usually do, I was merely voiceing one of my niggles in line with the particular thread.   I was not pointing the finger at any one person or any one Forum as it is a Universal happening on almost every Forum.   
 ¢¢##  ¢¢##

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »
Yorkie.... have you heard?.... Lord Lucan is still missing !!      L0L L0L
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Yorkie

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 06:34:24 pm »
No he is not!  He's buried in Llanrhos Lawns Cemetery!     L0L  _))*  L0L  _))*

And Elvis visits every Sunday to tend the grave.    L0L  :laugh:  L0L  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 06:43:04 pm »

I find it very useful as I'm too tight to buy the local paper, (we do get the FREE Pioneer though!)  D) L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 11:17:11 pm »
I've been in Marks and Spencers in the queue at the till and a few times this has happened to me.  I have been immediately behind a woman who is just about to be served when her mobile phone rings.   :rage:
They have then  answered the call and carried out a long conversation while the assistant is trying to be polite and get her attention and the rest of us are left fuming behind her in the queue!      :rage:
It's a good job I'm not like Victor Meldrew!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:16 am »
I've been in Marks and Spencers in the queue at the till and a few times this has happened to me.  I have been immediately behind a woman who is just about to be served when her mobile phone rings.   :rage:
They have then  answered the call and carried out a long conversation while the assistant is trying to be polite and get her attention and the rest of us are left fuming behind her in the queue!      :rage:
It's a good job I'm not like Victor Meldrew!
I'd have been furious, too. A polite person would immediately stand out of the queue and let other people be served while they took their call.

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2010, 11:09:30 am »
I hate people using mobile phones in shops - I don't want to know what they're doing, going, meeting next and what the weather is like in Llandudno - I can see that for myself! :(

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »
I remember when I was in Leeds court over Punch, a fellow landlord and good friend had accompanied me.  My case was up next and we decided to sit in the court room and wait.  The court room was in silence as the judge read the papers reguarding the case in front, he looked up, as he began to speak my friends phone recieved a text. The ring tone was a really loud war siren followed by a booming voice "ITS THE WIFE, ITS THE WIFE". The judge, luckily had a sense of humour he looked over as my friend was desperatly trying to silence his phone, smiled and carried on. Really embarassing !!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 01:39:27 pm »
I hate people texting in the street and not looking where they are going.    They don't seem to be aware of other people and bump into them and don't even apologise.      :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:
When I see one heading towards me I move out of the way, but it's not always possible and as I don't want to get hurt through no fault of my own, how do you fend them off without getting accused of one assault or another?   ???

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »
I hate people texting in the street and not looking where they are going.    They don't seem to be aware of other people and bump into them and don't even apologise.      :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:
When I see one heading towards me I move out of the way, but it's not always possible and as I don't want to get hurt through no fault of my own, how do you fend them off without getting accused of one assault or another?   ???
Here's a tip Hugo........If it's raining always carry an unmbrella, if you see these "Street Texters" walking your way slowly lower afore mentioned umbrella to roughly their head hight, then wait for them to collide with it, it hurts and it's their fault. This tip can also be used in summer if you swap the umbrella for a parasol.  )*)&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 03:27:07 pm »
Oh Wow !!Hugo when you next walk through town with your parasol do let me know and I'll walk with you !! _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.